Chapter 2

The Magnificent Seven

I wasn't sure how to escape this conversation yet but wanted too badly. After last night, we heard of a murder in town and headed to check it out. A girl had her head bashed in by another woman because she bought the last pair of shoes.

Messy, I know. 

Anyway, Dean and I were in the store when an officer approached me. I had wandered off from Dean, spotted a cute dress that was on sale. At first, I thought he was going to arrest me because, you know, I'm wanted by the FBI, but he didn't recognize me. 

He was flirting with me, and I didn't know how to get out of this awkward conversation and be polite about it. 

Sam was outside, talking with people, trying to figure out what was going on. I could see him through the shop window.

"So maybe I could show you around town sometime since you're new." The officer suggested, smiling at me.

"Um--" I began, but was quickly cut off by Dean.

"What's going on, Si?" He asked, glare set on the man before me.

"Oh, I, uh--" 

"He's not bothering you, is he?"

The officer didn't back down either. 

Jeez, what is up with men and the testosterone today?

"No, Dean, I'm okay. Let's go." I said, taking his arm and pulling him away. "What was that about?" I asked, moving to stand in front of him.

Dean dipped his head, lips meeting mine as he pushed me back against the wall. 

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly, pulling back as a blush rose to my cheeks. 

"Nothing." He leaned in to kiss me again.

"Is has nothing to do with the officer hitting on me?" I asked.

"Definitely not." Dean mumbled. 

"What are you doing?" Sam asked, making us pull apart.

"What are you doing?" Dean countered.

"Working." Sam stated. "Dead body. Possible demon attack, that kind of stuff."

Dean faked a cough. "Sam, I'm sorry. It's just, you know, I don't have much time left, and, uh--" He faked coughed again. "I gotta make every second count."

"Yeah. Right. All right. I'm sorry." Sam said. 

"What?" I asked. "Are you serious?"

"Apology accepted." Dean said. "And Si, I would like an apology for you thinking I had an ulterior motive."

I blinked. "Sure, okay, um. Why not? I am so sorry for thinking you were trying to prove a point to the guy hitting on me when you totally were."

"Much better, thank you." Dean said as Bobby walked up to us. He was dressed in a suit and tie, hair combed and everything. Dean whistled. "Whoa. Looking spiffy, Bobby. What are you, a G-man?"

"Returning from the DA's office." Bobby answered. "Just spoke to the suspect."

"So what do you think? Was she possessed?" Sam asked.

"Don't think so. No blackouts, no loss of control. Totally lucid. Just think she really wanted those shoes." Bobby shrugged. "Spilled a glass of holy water on her, just to be sure. Nothing."

"Maybe she's just some random whackjob." Dean shrugged, setting a hand on my waist.

"If it had been an isolated incident, maybe. But first the family, now this?" Bobby asked. "I believe in a lot of things. Coincidence ain't one of them. Did you three find anything around here?"