Chapter 15

Bedtime Stories

Dean kicked the door in, gun in hand. We moved through the house, finding a little girl hiding behind a piece of furniture, blood running down her face. 

We moved toward her quickly. 

"Are you okay?" Dean asked as we knelt by her.

"Yeah--" She screamed. 

We spun around to see a man with dark hair and a Wile E. Coyote on his arm standing there. 

"Get her out of here!" Dean yelled as he punched the man. 

I grabbed the little girl's hand, leading her toward the door. I put her in the car. "Stay here. I'll be back. We'll get you somewhere safe, okay?" I told her before running back to the house. It hurt me a little to realize that she had no family left. Her grandmother was killed and that was the only one she had left. 

The poor thing would be all alone with no one to go to.

When I ran in, Dean was being thrown across the room. He reached for the scissors in the basket of knitting and sewing supplies. 

He pulled himself up, running at the man. Dean stumbled though and was caught off guard and shoved to the ground. 

Dean was able to shove him away and pin him down. He punched the man. Dean raised the scissors above his head as blood dripped down his head. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop. Stop, stop." The man begged, holding his hands up as if he wasn't just also trying to kill someone. 

"Dean, stop. The trances, he's out of it." I moved closer, grabbing Dean's wrist. 

"Where am I? What's going on?" The man asked. 

___

We stood with Dr. Garrison in the hospital. Callie had passed away, stopping all the murders and leaving the doctor knowing the truth. "The girl's okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, she is." I nodded. Physically, at least. She was no more than eight or nine and had no one and just went through something no one would ever believe. 

"So it's really over." Dr. Garrison stated.

"Yeah. All thanks to you." Sam said sincerely. 

"Callie was the most important thing in my life but I should've let her go a long time ago." Dr. Garrison nodded his head. 

"See you around, doc." Dean said.

He sighed. "I sure hope not." 

"You know what he said? It's some good advice." Dean told us as the doctor walked away. 

"Is that what you want us to do, Dean?" Sam asked. "Just let you go."

Dean just looked at us for a moment before beginning to walk away down the hall. "Come on, Si. You had something to do?"

___

"They wanna do more tests." I told Dean, not meeting his eyes as we sat in the hospital room. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Dean took my hand in his. "I don't blame you."

"I lost our baby, Dean. It is my fault." My eyes stung. "I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay, angel." Dean brought his hand up to cup my jaw, brushing his thumb across my cheek. "It's okay. We'll get through this."

"Still." Tears slipped down my face. "I--I--"

"Come here." Dean pulled me into his arms, running his hand over my back. "I love you, okay? No matter what."

___

I walked out of the hospital room. Dean practically jumped out of his seat and ran toward me. "So? What did they say?" He asked, setting a hand on my arm. 

I stepped into his arms, wrapping mine around his torso. "They said...They said it's very unlikely I'll ever be able to get pregnant and an even less chance I'd ever be able to carry a baby full term even if I did." I whispered. "I know it was never our plan, but still...feeling like it's been ripped out of my hands as an option forever...I'm so sorry." I shook my head, feeling tears fill my eyes.

Dean wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head. "It's okay, Si."

"It hurts knowing I'll never be able to have that." I whispered into his shoulder. 

"Hey, they didn't say you couldn't. They said low chance, but it's still a chance." Dean ran a hand over my hair. "I'm sorry, Saige. You shouldn't have to go through this."

"Why is everything wrong with me, Dean?" I asked. "I...I can't have one normal, good thing about me."

"Oh, sweetheart, there's nothing wrong with you." Dean pulled me closer. "Don't you ever thing that. You're perfect and good and kind and you deserve the world."

___

Dean lay asleep beside me, his arm draped over my waist and his head in the crook of my neck. I gripped his hand in mine, lying there with tears burning my eyes. 

Sam slipped out of bed, Colt in hand. 

His eyes met mine, asking me whether I wanted to come. 

"I'll keep an eye on him." I whispered. "Go kill that demon for me, huh?"

That stupid demon who would be taking Dean away from me in a year. I shook away those thoughts as I watched Millie sleep peacefully across the room. 

Sam nodded his head. "...And I'm sorry, Saige."

"It's...It's okay." I said as Lady curled up next to me at my stomached. I set my free hand on her. "Go ahead."

Sam nodded his head, slipping out of the door to try and get Dean out of this deal and/or just kill some stupid demon. 

Dean stirred, waking slightly. "Get some sleep, Si." He whispered before falling back to sleep himself. 

I smiled a little, holding back the tears. 

It was okay. 

I was fine.

It would be okay.

I curled into Dean's arms, letting a few tears slip.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I'm not sure what happened with it. I...Yeah... I don't know. Also, sorry. Um, on the bright side...

Yeah, I'm not sure there is one for this. 

Have a good day...? Or night? 

Bye