Chapter 20

Fresh Blood

I watched as Dean sharpened the machete as we all sat around the small table. Again, I can admit he looks good while still being absolutely furious at him. 

The two things can go hand in hand.

"The vampire's still out there, Dean." Sam stated as he cleaned his gun. 

"First thing first..." Dean began.

"Gordon."

"About that." Dean said. "When we find him or if he find us..."

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"I'm just saying, he's not leaving us many options." Dean told me and Sam.

"Yeah, I know. We gotta kill him." Sam nodded.

"Sometimes you just gotta kill a guy." I mumbled. 

Dean looked between us. "Really? Just like that? I thought you would've been like: 'No, we can't, he's human. It's wrong.'"

I blinked.

"No, I'm done." Sam said. "I mean, Gordon's not gonna stop until we're dead. Or until he is."

Dean's phone rang. He rolled his eyes, answering. "What?"

Must be Bela.

"You're a hundred miles away. How--?" Dean began. "And?" A short pause. "Thanks."

___

We made our way down the stairs of the warehouse to see the vampire man from earlier on his knees with his head in his hands. Before him were two girls, who had their heads chopped off. 

Dean placed his gun back in the waistband of his jeans before grabbing the knife from the table.

"Go ahead." The vampire said. "Do it. Kill me."

"What happened here?" Sam asked.

"Gordon Walker." He stood. "I never should have brought a hunter here." He turned to us. "Never. I just--I just wanted some kind of revenge. So stupid, exposing my family to him."

"Oh, yeah. You're such a family man." Dean remarked. 

Sam slowly began moving across the room.

"You don't understand." The vamp shook his head.

"I don't wanna understand, you sic--" Dean began.

"I was desperate. Have you ever felt desperate? I've lost anyone I ever loved. I'm staring down eternity alone. Can you think of a worse hell?"

Despite every one of my instincts telling me it's stupid, I understood what the vampire was saying. I felt bad for him. 

"Well, there's hell." Dean replied. 

"I wasn't thinking. I just...I didn't care anymore." He said. "Do you know what that's like? When you just don't give a damn? It's like...It's like being dead already. So just go ahead. Do it."

"Dean." Sam said from his spot by the bodies. "Head wasn't cut off, it was ripped off. By someone's bare hands. Dixon?" He asked.

I never was fond of learning the names of anything I had to kill. It made it worse in the end. 

"What did you do to Gordon?" Sam asked. 

___

"Man, I must've checked three dozen motels, empty buildings, warehouses." Dea listed off as he stripped off his jacket and crossed the motel room. 

"Yeah, me too." Sam replied. "Big city."

Dean walked into the bathroom, turning on the sink and splashing water onto his face. "It's like a giant haystack. Gordon's a deadly needle."