Chapter 32

Mystery Spot

I opened my eyes as Heat of the Moment blared to the radio as Dean tied his boots and Evie sat between us. 

Not again. 

"Rise and shine, Sammy." Dean said, tying his boot before leaning over to kiss me. "Morning, Sweetheart." 

___

"I still think you're nuts, but whatever this is, we'll figure it out." Dean promised for the third or fourth time as we sat in the diner where everything was the same. Even down to the type of jelly the older man puts on his toast as he sits across from us. 

"Thanks." Sam mumbled.

"So, uh...if you're stuck in Groundhog Day, why?" Dean asked. "What's behind it?"

"We don't know." I said, rubbing my temples. 

Dean placed a hand on my back, rubbing soothing circles. "It's okay, angel."

"Yeah, first I thought it was the Mystery Spot. Now I'm not so sure." Sam explained. 

"What do we do?" Dean asked.

"Well, we keep you breathing, try to make it to tomorrow." Sam stated. "That's the only thing I can think of."

"Well, you know, we didn't really think of it at all." I mumbled.

"Shouldn't be too hard." Dean shrugged as Evie reached for the butterknife that was on the table. 

"Yeah." Sam scoffed as Dean moved the knife out of reach and pulled her closer to him. "I've watched you die a few times now and I can't ever seem to stop it." 

"Well, nothing's set in stone." Dean pointed out. "You say I order the same thing every day, right?"

"Yeah, the stupid pig in a poke, side of bacon and a coffee." I stated. 

Dean nodded. "Excuse me, sweetheart." He called to the waitress. "Can I get sausage instead of bacon?"

"Sure thing, hon." Doris nodded her head. 

"See? Different day already." Dean said. 

"You can order all the freaking sausage you want but it's still freaking Tuesday." I muttered. 

"Well, aren't you the normal ray of sunshine I look forward to waking up to every day." Dean patted my back. "You see, if we decide I'm not gonna die, I'm not gonna die."

Doris walked up, placing a plate in front of Dean before walking away. Dean grabbed a fork, stabbing a sausage link and taking a bite. Then he choked, eyes going wide as he tried to get a breath.

I woke to Heat of the Moment blaring through the radio.

"Kill me instead." I muttered into the pillow.

___

"You mean we can't even go out for breakfast?" Dean called out from the shower. 

I sat outside the bathroom door with Evie in my arms, rocking her back and forth, trying to keep myself calm as well. "Screw breakfast. Food is dumb."

"You'll thank me when it's Wednesday." Sam snapped, pacing the floor. 

"Whatever that means." Dean said. Not two freaking seconds later, he screamed and the sound of something crashing to the floor made me want to scream.

Heat of the freaking Moment again. I woke up again.

___

"These tacos taste funny to you?" Dean asked as we sat in the motel.