Chapter 24

A Very Supernatural Christmas

"So this is where Mrs., Wreath lives, huh?" Dean asked as we stood outside of a normal looking house with decorations on the roof and in the yard. "Boy, can't you just feel the evil, pagan vibe?"

"I can feel the 'you're being a jackass again' vibe." I smiled at him.

"Oh, bite me." Dean smiled back.

"I just might." I replied, walking off ahead.

"You torture me, woman." Dean said once reaching my side and setting a hand on my waist. 

I simply smiled in return as he knocked on the door.

It opened and an older woman greeted us with a bright smile. "Yes?"

"Please tell me you're the Madge Carrigan who makes the meadowsweet wreaths." Dean said. 

"Why, yes, I am." Madge nodded her head, clearly elated that someone was searching for her.

Dean laughed. "Bingo."

"Yeah. Well, we were just admiring your wreaths at Mr. Silar's place the other day." Sam began as I peeked inside the overly decorated house. I spotted a large gingerbread house on the table across the living room. 

I smiled a little.

Christmas Eve, 1996

"Whatcha got planned for us now, Si?" Dean asked as he took a seat at the dining room table. 

I pulled open the pantry door. "I bought gingerbread house making kits."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously." I pulled the boxes from the shelf and turning. I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was almost seven p.m. We had just finished dinner not too long ago. 

I placed a kit in front of each person. 

"You really do go all out for the holidays, huh?" Sam asked, looking up at me.

"That's why you're not allowed around for Halloween. I don't trust you brother to not eat all of the candy." I joked, patting his shoulder. 

Millie popped open the box, pulling out the small bags of candy and the walls for the houses. 

I took a seat. 

"Ten bucks goes to whoever makes the best looking one." Jake suggested.

"Deal." I nodded, tucking my legs under myself and pulling open my own box. 

Everything went peacefully at first. We all sat there, listening to the radio and building the houses. Until Dean decided he wanted to cheat.

"Your wall is caving in." He informed me.

I looked over at the other side and while my head was turned, he swiped his finger across the icing I had used as snow stop the roof, making one side slid down a little.

"Dean." I smacked his arm. "Stop it."

He plucked a gumdrop from my neatly sorted pile of candy. "What? I didn't do anything."

"Stop it." I told him, readjusting the roof and squeezing more icing on it. 

"Hey, can I take one of these, thanks." Millie grabbed one of the small Christmas light shaped candies. 

I sighed. "You have your own."

"I ate a few too many and already stole two of Sam's."

"What?" Sam asked.