Chapter 48

No Rest For The Wicked

We watched through the window as Lilith--in the body of a little girl no more than 9--ate a piece of birthday cake as a dead body lay slumped against the table. A man and a woman were also in the room. 

"It's the little girl. Oh, God, her face is awful." Dean shook his head. 

"Alright, then lets go. We're wasting time." Sam said.

"Wait." Dean grabbed Sam's arm.

"For what? For her to kill the rest of them?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah, and us too, if we're not careful. Look. See the real go getter mailman on the clock at nine p.m."

"Yep, mailman aren't out at nine p.m." I stated.

"And Mr. Rogers over there." Dean gestures to the man sitting by his window 'reading.'

"Demons?" Sam asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, fine, we-we ninja past those guys, sneak in." Sam shrugged.

"Then what? Give a Colombian necktie to a ten year old girl?" Dean asked.

"I know it's awful." Sam said.

"You think?"

"This isn't just about saving you, Dean." Sam stated. "This is about saving everybody."

"She's gotta be stopped, son." Bobby added.

"Oh, damn it." Dean muttered.

___

While Bobby was turning all of the water in the pipes to holy water, Sam, Dean and I split up to take out the demons that posed a threat to our plan. Catching the demon off guard by tackling him to the ground, I straddled his waist, bringing the knife down into his chest. His eyes flashed black and yellow before he died. 

My hands shook as I remembered there was a human in there. I may have just killed a human. 

It puts us one step closer to saving Dean. 

After that, I ran into Sam and Dean who were stopped at a chain link fence at the backyard of a house. Ruby stood there, glaring at us all.

"How the hell did you get out?" Dean asked. 

"What you don't know about me could fill a book." Ruby told him. 

"Oh." Dean said, looking away from her quickly. "Nothing. I just--I couldn't see it before, but you are one ugly broad." 

"Dean." I said.

"What?"

"Sam, give me the knife before you hurt yourself." Ruby looked over at him. 

"You'll get it when this is over." Sam replied.

"It's already over." Ruby pointed out. "I gave you a way to save Dean, you shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not gonna let you die to."

"Oh, wow, I feel so included right now." I muttered. 

"Try and stop me and I'll kill you..." Sam told Ruby. "Bitch."

"Hit me with your best shot, baby." Ruby quipped. 

"Guys, guys, hey." Dean said, making me follow his gaze. Demons stood at the door of every house, watching us. "Have your little catfight later. So much for the element of surprise." 

Dean shoved open the gate to the fence, hand gripping my arm as we ran across the street, demons following us. We made it to the porch of the house where Lilith was as demons continued to flow toward us.