Chapter 33

Mystery Spot

"Why are you doing this?" Sam asked the Trickster. 

"You're joking, right?" The Trickster asked. "You chuckleheads tried to kill me last time. Why wouldn't I do this?"

"Well, you made your point. Let us go." I told him. 

"And Hasselback, what about him?" Dean asked.

The Trickster looked over at him, eyes flickering over Evie. "That putz? He said he didn't believe in wormholes, so I dropped him in one. How is it being a housewife, Dean?" He laughed.

Dean glared at him. 

"Then you guys showed up." The Trickster continued. "I made you the second you hit town."

"So this is fun for you?" Sam asked. "Killing Dean over and over again?"

"One: yes, it is fun." The Trickster said. "Two: this is so not about killing Dean. This joke is on you two, Sam." He nodded between Sam and myself. "Watching him die every day. Forever."

"You son of a bitch." Sam hissed. 

"How long will it take you to realize you can't save your brother...no matter what." 

"Oh, yeah?" Sam asked. "I kill you this all ends now." He pressed the stake further into his skin.

"Oh, hey. Whoa." The Trickster began.

"Kill him, please." I said.

"Okay. Okay. Look. I was just playing around." The Trickster stated. "You two can't take a joke? Fine. You're out of it. Tomorrow, you wake up, it'll be Wednesday. I swear."

"You're lying." Sam said. 

"If I am, you know where to find me. Having pancakes at the diner."

"No. Easier to just kill you." 

"Sorry, kiddo. Can't have that." The Trickster snapped his fingers.

My eyes shot open as Back in Time by Huey Lewis and the News played on the radio. 

A new song...?

I sat up too see Dean just finishing brushing his teeth as he held Evie in his other arm. "Were you gonna sleep all day?" He asked, eyes on Sam.

"No Asia." Sam said.

"Yeah, I know. This station sucks." Dean replied, eyes flickering to me. He smiled. "Morning, angel."

"What's today?" I asked, throwing the covers off and standing as I looked at the clock.

"It's Wednesday." Sam and I said in unison.

I laughed in relief, moving toward Dean and throwing my arms around him. "Oh my God, it's finally Wednesday." I laughed.

Dean snaked one arm around me, rubbing my back. "Yeah, which usually comes after Tuesday. Turn that thing off, would you?"

"What, are you kidding?" Sam asked, getting out of bed. "This isn't the most beautiful song you've ever heard?"

"This is now my favorite song." I pulled away from Dean. "I've never heard anything better." I pushed myself up to kiss him, making Evie babble between us. 

"No. It's not." Dean said as I pulled back. "Jeez. How many Tuesdays did you two have?" 

"I don't know. I lost count." Sam stated. 

"One, Sam. You normally have one." Millie spoke up. 

"Hey, wait, what do you remember?" Sam asked.

"I remember you and Si were wacked out of it yesterday, then I remember running into the Trickster. But no, that's about it." Dean shrugged, hand still on my waist.