Chapter 46

No Rest For The Wicked

Time was running out. With around forty-five hours to go until Dean's deal due, we were working overtime to try and find anything to help. Dean sighed, sinking down onto the couch beside me. "I'm so sorry." He whispered, taking my hand in his. 

I shook my head. "Please stop apologizing."

"I love you, you know that, right?" Dean asked, pulling me over to straddle his lap. 

"I know you do." I whispered. "That's what's got us into this mess." I laughed a little. "I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat." 

"I know." Dean rested his head against mine, hands on my waist. "I wouldn't let you though."

I sighed, twinning my fingers into his hair and shutting my eyes. "I don't want to lose you." 

"Come here." Dean whispered, reaching up to cup my jaw and bringing his lips to mine. 

I held him tightly, as if as long as we stayed like this, he would stay with me. As if I just kept him close, lips on mine, he wouldn't have to suffer a horrible fate. I kept him close, pressing my body to his, desperate to keep him with me. 

___

"Dig up anything good?" Sam asked as he walked into the living room of the abandoned house we were staying at. With thirty hours left to go, we were low on options.

"No, ahem, nothing good." Dean shut the book he held. 

"Well, Bobby has, finally." Sam stated.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, a way to find Lilith." 

"Wow, and with just, uh, 30 hours to go." Dean checked his watch. "Hey, why don't we just make a TJ run, you know? You know, some senoritas, cervezas. Uh, we could-- What's Spanish for 'donkey show'?" 

"You're not funny." I told him, smiling a little as I leaned against the desk where he sat. 

Sam chuckled. "So if we do save you, let's never do that."

"Yeah." Dean muttered.

"Hey, hey, Dean, uh..." Sam sat down next to his brother. "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you. I swear. Everything's gonna be okay." 

"He's right. We're gonna fix this." I took Dean's hand in mine, brushing my fingers over his knuckles. 

He glanced between us, an odd look in his eye. "Yeah, okay." 

___

Bobby placed a tripod like device over top of a map. It had a pole in the middle of it and a metal ring around the top with symbols etched into it. "See, a name. That's the whole kit and caboodle." Bobby said. "And the right name, the right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out."

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asked as we stood around the table. 

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street." Bobby told him. He spun the glass orb on the top of the device, making the pointer spin in a small circle. He then began chanting in Latin. 

The pointer stopped suddenly. 

"New Harmony, Indiana." Bobby stated, looking down at the map. "We have a winner."

"Alright. Let's go." Sam said.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on. Holster it up there, Tex." Dean spoke up. 

"What's the problem?"