Chapter 30

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

"How long have I been out of it?" Bobby asked when Dean and I walked in the hospital room with Evie. Sam was going to find the guy who Dean had interviewed earlier. He was one of the guys Dr. Gregg experimented with Dream Root on. Sam had run into him when we were in Bobby's dream.

"Few days?" I shrugged. 

"We stole her." Dean joked.

"You cannot tell people that, Dean." I slapped his arm. "Bobby, this is Evie. We adopted her...technically. Wave, Eve." 

Evie babbled, waving her hand back and forth. 

Dean sat down by Bobby's beside where a table was pulled between and papers sat. He and Bobby went through some papers having to do with the case for a few minutes as I sat next to Dean.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean dropped the papers. "That, uh--That stuff, all that stuff with your wife? That actually happen?"

Bobby was quiet. "Everybody got into hunting somehow."

"I'm sorry." Dean and I said at the same time.

"Don't be sorry." Bobby told us, shaking his head. "If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost in there. Or dead. Thank you."

Dean nodded his head. 

"Now, let me see you." Bobby leaned forward, holding his arms out.

I handed Evie over to him. She squirmed, giggling. 

"Well, aren't you a happy little thing, huh?" Bobby said, a ghost of a smile on his face. 

"I swear to God, all she does is laugh." Dean shook his head, smiling a little. 

"You know, Saige, you were the exact same way when you were a baby." Bobby told me. 

Sam walked in then. "So, uh, stoner boy wasn't in his dorm. My guess is he's long gone by now."

"He ain't much of a stoner." Bobby stated, handing Evie back over to Dean.

"No?" Dean asked.

"No. His name's Jeremy Frost." Bobby explained. "Full on genius. Hundred and sixty IQ. Which is saying something, considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head. Here's father of the year." He handed Sam a paper with the father's license printed on it. "He died before Jeremy was 10."

"Looks like a real sweetheart." Sam remarked. 

"Injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand, he hasn't dreamt since." Bobby continued. 

"Till he started dosing up the dream drug." Dean stated. "How'd he know how to dig up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?"

Bobby shurgged. "He was rooting around in my skull. God knows what he saw in there."

"I think I've discovered my number one fear." I said. "There's no way in hell I want somebody in my head." 

"How'd he get in there in the first place?" Sam asked. "Isn't he supposed to have your DNA or something?"

"Yeah." Bobby nodded his head. "Before I knew it was him, he offered me a beer. I drank it. Dumbest freaking thing."

Dean's eyes widened slightly. "Oh, I don't know. It wasn't that dumb." He chuckled nervously.

I sighed. "This is the man I vowed to spend forever with." I shook my head. "This is the man I choose to help me raise a child." 

"Dean, you didn't." Sam said.

"He did." I sighed.

"I was thirsty." Dean defended himself.

"That's great. Now he can come after either one of you." Sam snapped.