Chapter 35

Jus In Bello

"Sorry." I apologized as Dean winced as I pressed the towel to his bleeding shoulder. 

"Give me a kiss to make it better...?" He suggested as I knelt in front of him as he sat on the cot. 

"We're like sitting ducks in here." Sam stated. 

I sighed, leaning up to place my lips on Dean's. I placed my hand on the back of his neck, moving to straddle his lap again. "Yeah, I know." Dean replied between kisses. "Would it kill these cops to bring us a snack?!" He called out loud enough for the officers to hear. 

"You're ridiculous." I smiled, pulling away. 

"No, come back." Dean leaned forward and kissed me again.

"How many do you figure are out there?" Sam asked. 

"I don't know." I replied as I pulled back only for Dean to tug me to him again. 

"However many, they could be possessing anyone. Anyone could just walk in." Sam stated. 

I pulled back this time, moving off of his lap. "It's sketchy."

"Right? It's kind of wild." Dean added. "It means, like, they're coming right for us. They've never done that before. It's like we got a contract on us."

"Well, you just killed the mood, Dean-O." I told him. 

"If you would let me continue." Dean shot me a look. "You think it's because we're so awesome?" He smiled. "I think it's because we're so awesome."

I shook my head, smiling as I picked at the fraying fabric in the knee of his jeans. "You are such a dork." 

Sheriff Dodd walked in then, unlocking the door.

"Well, howdy there, sheriff." Dean put on a southern accent as we stood.

"Uh, sheriff?" Sam asked as the door slid open.

"It's time to go." Dodd told us. He moved toward us.

"Uh, you know what?" Dean shifted so he was slightly in front of me. "We're just comfy right here, but thank you."

"You are learning manners." I teased. 

Henriksen walked in. "What do you think you're doing?" 

"I'm not just gonna sit here and wait to die. We're gonna run for it." Dodd stated. 

"It's safer here." Henriksen argued.

"There's a SWAT facility in Boulder." Dodd said. 

"We're not going anywhere."

"The hell we're not." 

Henriksen pulled out a gun and shot the sheriff. 

Dean shot forward, grabbing his arm and pulling the gun away as Sam grabbed his other arm. I tried to stay out of the way as they wrestled the possessed Henriksen toward the now holy water filled toilet and dunked his head in. 

Sam began muttering a exorcism as Dean placed the gun in my hand. 

Amici ran in, shotgun in hand. 

"Stay back!" Dean shouted as I pointed the gun at him. 

"Sam, hurry up, please." I said.

"It's too late." The demon possessing Henriksen said. "I already called them. They're already coming." 

Sam finished the spell and Henriksen screamed. Black smoke curled toward the vent as his body fell to the floor. 

"Is he--? Is he dead?" Nancy asked.