Chapter 9

Bad Day At Black Rock

Dean put the Impala in park. "All right, Bobby, thanks. Hey, we owe you another one." He hung up. "All right, Bobby's got it on pretty good authority that this Bela chick lives in Queens. So it'll take me about two hours to get there."

"So what are we doing here?" Sam asked.

"You, my brother, are staying here, because I don't want your bad luck getting us killed." Dean stated. 

"Wow, what a fun night." I said.

___

Dean flicked on the lamp as he walked into the motel room. 

"What am I even supposed to do, Dean?" Sam asked.

"Nothing. Nothing. Come here." Dean grabbed Sam's arm, pulling him over to the table where he pulled out a chair and pushed Sam down to sit. "I don't want you doing anything. I want you to sit right here and don't move, okay? Don't turn on the light. Don't turn off the light. Don't even scratch your nose. Millie, you're on babysitting duty. That does not mean sit on my brother, don't touch him. I'm not coming back to you both dead."

Millie nodded her head. "You got it. I'll keep an eye on our walking token of bad luck."

"Si, you're with me." Dean grabbed my arm, pulling me along to the door.

"Bye, have fun!" I called out to Sam and Millie.

___

We broke into Bela's apartment quite easily. Her back was to us at the moment as she stared at the now broken security system and the sticky note telling her to turn around. 

She spun to face us, but we already had two guns pointed at her. 

She pointed a gun at us.

"You left without your tip." Dean said. 

Bela no longer had short black hair, but instead long brown hair that fell just past her shoulders. 

"You're gonna give it back." Dean said.

Bela chuckled. "Sweetie, no, I'm not." She had a British accent unlike before. 

"Yeah, we'll see. Bela, right?" 

"That's right, Dean." Bela nodded her head.  

"You know the thing's cursed, right?" Dean asked.

"Unless you wanna trip over your own two feet everywhere, I'd think you would want to get rid of it." I added.

"You'd be surprised what some people would pay for that." Bela said. 

"Really?" Dean asked.

"There's a lucrative market out there." Bela shrugged. "A lot of money to be made. You hunters with all those amulets and talismans you use to stop those big, bad monsters. Any one of them could put your children's children through college."

"So you know the truth about what's really going on out there and this is what you decide to do?" Dean asked. "You become a thief?"

"I procure unique items for a select clientele." 

"Sounds like a thief to me." I mumbled. 

"No." Bela said. "A great thief."

"Look, Bela, my brother, he touched the foot." Dean began. "And when you took it from him, his luck went from--"

"I know how it works." Bela informed us. 

"So you know he's gonna die unless we can destroy it." 

"Oh." Bela said. "You can have the foot. For 1.5 million."