Chapter 29

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

"Want some beer?" Dean asked Evie as she stared up at him.

"Dean, if you give her beer, I swear to God--" I began. "And wake up your brother." 

Dean lifted Evie into his lap as he read over a paper. He sat in an armchair next to mine while Sam sat at the desk across the room. Lady curled up on my lap, her head resting on her paws.

Millie flipped through the book she was reading. "Living with you people is nothing but chaos."

"Sam, wake up!" Dean called out. Sam shot awake. Dean chuckled. "Dude, you were out. Making some serious happy noises. Who were you dreaming about?"

Millie and I rolled our eyes. 

"What? No one. Nothing." Sam spit out.

"Come on, you can tell me." Dean insisted. "Angelina Jolie?"

"No." 

"Brad Pitt?"

"No! No."

"No, that's Si's dream, right." Dean nodded. 

I kicked his leg that rested on the coffee table. "I had one dream about Brad Pitt five years ago and you still won't let it go."

Dean jotted something down on the paper. "I called Bela."

"Bela? Yeah?" Sam asked, sounding a little off. "What'd she, you know, say?"

Millie and I shared a look.

Millie sat forward, closing her book. "That she wanted you to fu--"

"Millie, don't you dare finish that sentence." I cut her off. "There is a child in the room."

"She's right. Shut it." Dean added. 

"I love when you agree with me." I kissed Dean's cheek.

"I know."

Poor Sam looked mortified at the moment. "Is she...gonna help us?"

"Shockingly, no." Dean answered. "Which puts us back at square one. I've been trying to decipher the doctor's notes. Unfortunately, he has worse handwriting than you do. You gonna come help me with this stuff?"

Sam shifted in his seat. "Yeah, yeah, just give me a sec."

Millie and I shared another look. 

A knock on the door made Dean shut the file he had in hand and place it on the table in front of him. He stood, Evie in one arm as he crossed the room and opened the door just a tad. He peeked out before stepping back and opening it all the way. "Bela. As I live and breathe."

She walked in, eyes lingering on Evie for a moment. "You called me. Remember? Are we kidnapping children now?"

"No." Dean said. "Evie, this is Bela, she's an insufferable bitch."

Evie giggled, smacking his arm.

"I remember you turning me down." Dean continued. 

"Well, I'm just full of surprises." Bela stated, reaching into her purse.

"Hey, Bela. What's going on?" Sam spoke up, avoiding eye contact.

"Yep, we totally found the subject of his dream." Millie whispered to me. 

"Definitely." I whispered back. 

"I brought you your African Dream Root." Bela held a jar out to Dean, who took it. "Nasty stuff, and not easy to come by."