Chapter 38

Ghostfacers!

We finally got everyone back down to the living room and settled at their 'base camp.'

Sam, Dean and I stood at the front door as Millie sat on the stairs behind us.

"Well, it's 12:04, Dean. Good? You happy?" Sam asked as they tried to break down the locked door.

"Yeah, I am happy." Dean replied.

"'Let's go hunt the Morton House. It's our Grand Canyon.'" Sam quoted Dean.

"Sam, I don't wanna hear it." Dean warned.

"You got two months left." Sam picked up a stray chair from the hall. "Instead, we're gonna die tonight." He slammed the chair against the door.

Millie sighed. "Looking good there, Sammy."

I sighed. "This is just freaking great. Just wonderful."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey." Dean turned, leaning down to lift Evie into his arms as she tried to crawl down the hall. "You ain't going nowhere."

"Whoa, whoa, what the hell is going on, guys?" Spruce asked as the gaggle of idiots moved toward us.

"I'll tell you what's going on." Sam said, dropped the broken chair to the floor. "Every door, every window, every exit out of this house, they're all sealed."

"Why are they sealed?" Maggie asked.

"Because whatever the hell is in here doesn't want us to leave." I stated.

"It's a supernatural lockdown, okay?" Dean added. "Like Si said, whatever took Corbett doesn't want us to leave. And it's no death echo, this is a bad mother and it wants us scared."

"Or it just wants us." Maggie corrected as the familiar whirring of a EMF detector sounded.

"Uh, guys, the camera's fritzing again." Spruce spoke up.

Harry and Maggie reached for each other then, intertwining their hands. Whatever was going on there probably wasn't going to end well because from the few things I'd heard, Maggie was Ed's adopted sister and Harry was his best friend.

"Whoa. Guys, the EMF's starting to spike." Ed stated.

The lights we had flickered.

"Everybody stay close, there's something coming." Sam stated. "Mills? Where'd you go?"

"Right here." Millie appeared at his side suddenly. "Don't worry about me, Sammy. I'll fight off the ghosts."

"With what? Your sarcasm?"

"Yes."

Dean's hand landed on my hip, pulling me to his side.

Suddenly, a ghost appeared in the middle of the living room, stumbling around.

"Guys, is this the same echo you saw earlier?" Dean asked.

"No, it's a different guy." Spruce stated.

"Multiple echoes? What the hell is going on?" Dean asked.

"Beats me." Sam sighed.

"Well, maybe we should as lore." Millie said.

Sam gave her a look. "Funny."

"Okay, alright, alright, alright." Dean handed Evie to me before moving toward the echo. "Uh, hey, buddy! Hey, hey." He waved his hand in front of the ghost's face. "Wake up! You're dead! Hello!"

"What's he doing?" Harry asked, looking at Sam and I as Evie giggled as Dean continued to yell at a ghost. "What's he doing?"

"It's rare, but sometimes you can shock an echo out of its loop if you can talk to the part of it that's still human." Sam explained. "But usually you have to have some kind of connection to the deceased."