Chapter 39

Ghostfacers!

Everyone was storming through the house, yelling for Sam and Corbett. We made our way upstairs, all veering off into different rooms. 

"Sammy!" Dean yelled.

We continued searching, yelling for both missing men until it went relatively quiet as we looked. 

"Hey, hey, hey, Saige. Come here." Millie whispered, nodding toward the corner.

"What? Did you find something?" I asked, rubbing Evie's back as I moved closer.

"Some drama that's getting ready to go down." Millie answered, peeking around the corner.

In the next room, Maggie and Harry were making out. Spruce walked by then, camera pointed at them as he hummed a song.

"Take a good long look in the mirror, sister, because they're about to die and they're getting it on. Remind you of anyone?" Millie asked.

"Where exactly did you feel Sam's hand before he went missing?" I asked.

Millie flushed, glaring at me. "He accidently grabbed my hand when the lights went out, fuck off."

Ed walked through the hall then, catching Maggie and Harry and making them jump apart. "My best friend...and my best sister."

"Ed--" Harry began. 

"Harry."

"Ed."

"Harry."

"Ed. Listen, Ed--" 

"Are you banging my sister?"

Maggie scoffed.

"No!" Harry stated. "No."

"Hold my glasses." Ed handed his glasses to Spruce.

"You got it." Spruce kept the camera on them all as he took the glasses. 

"Ed, Ed, Ed!" Harry yelled as Ed ran toward him, diving forward to throw a not so great punch. 

Maggie tired to pull them apart as they...fought, if that's what you want to call it. It was more like just swatting at one another but whatever. 

"What are you two standing around for?" Dean asked, moving toward Millie and I.

"Cat fight." Millie answered.

"It's kinda funny." I added.

Dean sighed, moving into the room. "Hey, hey, hey!" He ripped the two men apart with ease. "The fuck are you doing? Cut it out. We're down by two people." He rolled his eyes, turning and walking out of the room. He passed by me, smiling softly. "Show's over, sweetheart."

I turned to follow him as he yelled out for Sam. 

___

We made our way back to base-camp-living-room and Dean went straight for the box of papers we'd left there.

"Dean, what are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Okay, so Daggett was a Cold-War nut." Dean stated, digging through papers as I held a flashlight for him.

"That's helpful?" Millie asked. 

"He was an amateur taxidermist." Dean continued. "He liked to slow dance with cadavers and all he ate was C-rations. So what the hell are we looking for?"

"I think I'd rather slow dance with an alien." 

"You got a point." I nodded. Evie whimpered as she rested her head against my shoulder. She was tired but with all the yelling, she couldn't sleep.