Chapter 22

A Very Supernatural Christmas

I stood next to Dean on the front porch of the house where a man had disappeared mere days ago.

"My daughter and I were in our beds." Mrs. Walsh said. "Mike was downstairs decorating the tree. I heard a thump on the roof and I then I heard Mike scream...and now I'm talking to the FBI."

"You didn't see any of it?" Dean asked. 

"No, he was-- He was just gone."

"The doors were locked, no signs of forced entry?" I asked.

"That's right."

"Does anybody else have a key?" Dean glanced down at the notepad in his hand.

"My parents." Mrs. Walsh stated. 

"Where do they live?"

"Florida."

Sam walked out of the house then. "Thanks for letting me have a look around, Mrs. Walsh. I think we got just about everything we need. We're all set."

"We'll be in touch." Dean told her. 

We began to walk away when Mrs. Walsh called out, "Agents. The police said my husband might've been kidnapped."

"Could be." Dean lied.

"Then why haven't the kidnappers called? Or demanded ransom. It's three days until Christmas. What am I supposed to tell our daughter?"

My breath caught. "We're...so sorry." I choked out.

"Find anything?" Dean asked in a low voice as we walked toward the street. His hand landed on my waist, warmth seeping through my blouse.

"Stockings, mistletoe, this." Sam dropped something into Dean's hand.

"A tooth? Where was this?" Dean asked. 

"In the chimney."

"No way a man fits up a chimney, it's too narrow." Dean pointed out.

"No way he fits up in one piece." 

"Alright, so if dad went up the chimney--" Dean began.

"We need to find out what dragged him up there." Sam filled in.

"Si?" Dean asked. "You're quiet. What's up?"

I shook my head. "Nothing." I smiled at him. 

____

The motel door opened and Dean walked in, brown paper bag in hand. "So was I right? Is it the serial killing chimney sweep?" He dropped his keys on the table to the right of the door as Sam sat on the couch with his laptop on the coffee table. 

Millie sat next to him whereas I sat in an armchair. 

"Yup, it's actually Dick Van Dyke." Sam replied. 

"Who?" Dean asked, looking over confused as he placed the bag down.

"Dean." I complained.

"Mary Poppins--" Sam began.

"Who's that?" Dean asked.

"He's joking, right?" Millie asked.

"Oh, come on--" Sam sighed. "Never mind." 

Dean scratched the back of his neck. "Well, turns out Walsh is the second guy grabbed out of his house this month."

"Oh, yeah?" Sam asked as Dean crossed the room and peeled off his leather jacket. "Did he get dragged up the chimney too?"