Chapter 27

Malleus Maleficarum

Sam, Millie and I were tearing the motel to pieces looking for the hex bag as Dean groaned in pain. 

"What the fuck are you doing? Giving birth? Be quiet." Millie snapped.

Dean coughed, blood spewing from his lips as he slid to the ground. 

"It's okay. Hang on, okay?" I told him, still searching the room. 

"Dean, I can't find it." Sam said. "No." He grabbed the Colt.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Dean choked out. "Sam."

"Stay here and keep looking." Sam told me. "Mills, come on." 

"Ooh, I'm included." Millie followed him out the door. 

"Hang on, Dean. Please just hang in there." I said, still searching as Lady curled up next to Dean, whining. I dropped to my knees beside him. "If you die on me tonight, I will literally kill you."  

The door swung open and Ruby walked in. 

"You wanna kill me?" Dean asked. "Get in line, bitch."

Ruby ignored him, moving closer. She reached out to grab his throat, but I caught her arm. "Don't even think about it." I told her.

"I can save him." She jerked her arm back. "Or he can die right here next to you."

I looked down at Dean, blood covered his mouth and chin. "Fine." 

Ruby sighed, muttering something under her breath before pouring a dark liquid down his throat. 

___

"Next time you point that gun at me, I'm not just gonna disappear." Ruby said after Dean had gotten cleaned up. 

"You...saved my life." Dean stated.

"Don't mention it."

"Well, I am the only one here who knows how to swallow my pride and say thank you. So...thank you." I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"What was that stuff?" Dean asked. "God, it was ass. It tasted like ass."

I sighed, lifting Evie into my arms as she woke. "Lovely, Dean. Truly."

"It's called witchcraft, shortbus." Ruby replied as she walked toward the door.

"You're the shortbus...shortbus." Dean said uncertainly. 

I sighed again. "That was good, Dean. Great one."

Dean glared at me. "Hush."

___

Not shockingly, the second we burst into the house, we were thrown into the wall by the demon who was possessing Tammi. Renee was dead and Elizabeth was cowering in the corner.

"Two for one. Lovely." Tammi said.

My entire body was in pain and I couldn't move.

"Wait." Ruby walked in, grabbing everyone's attention. "Please. I just...came to talk."

"You made it out of the Gate." Tammi stated. "Impressive. It was a bitch of a fight, wasn't it?"

"Doors out of hell only open for so long." Ruby shrugged. 

"What do you want, Ruby?"

"I've been lost without you." Ruby moved closer. "Take me back. That's why I led the Winchesters and Dawson here."

I told you so, Dean mouthed to Sam. 

"They're here for you. As a gift." Ruby continued. 

"Really?" Tammi asked.