Chapter 3

The Magnificent Seven

"I don't think we're gonna have to worry about hunting them." Bobby said as we stood in the next room with the sounds of Envy being exorcised back to hell in the background of our conversation. 

"What does that mean?" Sam asked.

"I think maybe this joker's right." Bobby stated. "They're gonna be hunting us, and they're not gonna quit easy."

"Guys, take Tamara and head for the hills. I'll stay, slow them down, buy time." Dean suggested. 

"If you stay, I stay." I said.

"No, you're not--"

"You're insane, Dean. Just forget about it, okay?" Sam cut him off. 

"Sam's right." Bobby agreed. 

"There's six of them, guys." Dean stated as if we had forgotten. "We're outmanned, we're outgunned. We'll be dead by dawn."

"Maybe, but there's no place to run that they won't find us." 

"Look, if we're going down, we're going down together, all right?" Sam said. 

"Well, let's not make it easy for them." Dean caved. 

Suddenly Envy screamed. 

Tamara walked in. "Demon's out of the guy."

"And the guy?" Sam asked.

"He didn't make it." She answered, seeming unaffected as she walked out of the room.

___ 

Dean sat across the room on the floor, loading rock salt bullets into a gun as Sam and I filled flasks with holy water when the radio cut on by itself.

Dean cocked the gun, standing. "Here we go." 

Moving to peek out of the boarded-up window, I gripped my own gun in my hand. Nothing was out there though. 

Bobby and Tamara were downstairs near the front door. We had salted every window and door to keep the demons out but who knew how long that would last.

I could hear Isaac yelling for Tamara from outside though. But I knew it wasn't him. A demon had probably possessed him to taunt the poor woman. 

___

The door swung open, three demons walking in. Dean had left moments ago, going to deal with another demon.

"Here's Johnny." One said.

That's just not even original. 

He held his hand up, signally for no one to move. He looked up at the devil's trap on the ceiling. "Come on. You really think something like that is gonna fool someone like me? I mean, me?"

"Let me guess." Sam said. "You're Pride." 

He smiled, flicking his wrist. The ceiling cracked, breaking the trap. "Mm. The root of all sin. And you are Sam Winchester. That's right, I've heard of you. We've all heard of you. The prodigy. The Boy King. Looking at you now, I gotta tell you, don't believe all the hype." Pride's eyes flickered to me. "Speaking of hype, you aren't what I expected. Choas and darkness incarnate. The Sorceress. Very underwhelming. You think I'm gonna bow to cut rate, piss poor humans like you two? I have my pride, after all. Now with your yellow eyed friend dead, I don't have to do a damn thing, do I? You're fair game now, and it's open season."

___

I'd like to say it shocked me when I ended up with a demon's hand around my throat, cutting off my air supply, but it didn't. I fought best I could, but I was slowly losing consciousness.