Chapter Twelve

We rounded the next corner to find a huge statue standing in the middle of this part of the city taking up most of the area. It's a statue of what looks like a beautiful colorful butterfly.

"We worship them here. They bring us the water we need, they help our city to stay beautiful," someone said from beside us.

A women wearing a long dress with blond hair and blue eyes it looking at us both. "It's a very beautiful city," said Zack.

"How can butterflies do that? I mean there so small?" I ask.

"Young boy this is Gorlodion not earth. They are much bigger here. They protect our lands," said the women.

"What is going on? We heard screaming?" asked Zack all of a sudden.

"Are city is under attack. From horrible looking humans we have never seen before. We sent help but we don't think it is coming. Our only hope now are the butterflies," she says sadly.

"What can they do against the scars?" asks Zack looking at me.

"Not much even if they are worshiped here. They follow Lucas and Actros the Scars will destroy this city and nothing will be left but don't worry. We are going to do all we can to stop them," I smile at the women.

"How can you do anything?"

"You be surprised," we said raising our swords we said as we left the women standing there and carried on towards the loud thuds near by. We must be close by now.

"Your just kids!" she screams.

We are to far away now to reply. We turn the next corner to finally find ourselves in a huge open area. Tree's spread around the outside of it. In the middle stood one stone like building almost like a dome.

In front of the stone dome is a clearing that is full with Scar's and the people that live here. Some of them are hurt. Some of them are screaming! Some of them are calling for help.

There is a huge fight going on here and we have to help them somehow. We run forward in anger and interrupt a scar trying to drag a young girl away from two men. I step in pushing the girl away from them and step in the way protecting the girl and the two men.

"Leave them alone!" I bark at them.

"What do you think you are doing!" one shouts at me.

"I will not allow you to destroy this city. I won't let you and Lucas destroy Gorlodion!" I scream at him.

"How do you know who we are and our masters name!"

"Wouldn't you like to know," said Zack stepping in to protect some of the crowd too.

"We won't watch you destroy this beautiful city. This won't become like Sinistral!"

"And you two are going to stop us!" they both laugh heavily.

"Yeah we are!" I say.

That's when the Scars come at us but we spring into action to protect ourselves and the people here. My first swipe was unsuccessful but the second time I went at one of the scars with my sword I had done some damage.

The battle wasn't just with us anymore the people hear began to protect themselves too. "We won't let you destroy our home!" one man screamed as he attacked one of the Scars with his bare hands grabbing the sword of him and cutting him in half.

I look away cringing only to get disarmed by two scars taking there chance while I hadn't been paying attention.

I'm now backing away with my hands up in the air defenseless. "You can't kill me," I say to them.