Chapter 19 Sorry, I'm Late

The postponement of the marriage between Furong Jun and King Bicang Shen Li was just one of the many things that came out of the royal family. It was only for idlers in the demon world and heaven to laugh after dinner. But on the tenth day after their wedding was postponed, a blood letter sent back from the border shocked both the government and the public, and also caused panic in the demon world——

The seal of Xutianyuan was breached, and the monsters escaped. Although there was only one unformed scorpion-tailed fox, it had seriously damaged the border defenders. General Zixia, who was sent by the Demon Lord, tried his best to return the blood letter, but in the end before entering the palace, he got killed. The generals guarded the border and refused to let the monsters trample any more land in the demon world. The military situation is urgent and cannot be delayed for even a moment.

After the demon king got the news, she ordered General Zixia to be buried lavishly and sent someone to inform the heaven.

At the right time, Shen Li was in the meeting hall. When she heard the news, she shouted angrily: "Why do you need to notify the Heaven Realm? When those losers come out with the results of their discussion, I don't know how much damage has been done to our Demon Realm soldiers! Demon Lord, please order Shen Li to go out!"

The Demon Lord remained silent.

At this time, there were still three veteran generals in the court sitting in the meeting hall. After they weighed the balance, the white-haired elder spoke: "Your Majesty, although there are many generals in the court who are good at fighting, but in terms of dealing with such monsters, no one can compare with her. The young prince has more experience. I know that the king is concerned about the status of the young prince who is currently engaged, but the matter is urgent, and please be considerate of the soldiers who protect the borders of our clan."

The Demon Lord tapped her index finger on the table and turned her head: "Shen Li."

Shen Li immediately knelt down on one knee, bowed her head and said, "Here you are."

"This month, you will not leave your palace even half a step." Shen Li looked up at her in disbelief. The three veterans looked at each other, but they all fell silent. Shen Li was unwilling to give in: "Demon Lord! Boundary..."

"There is a chaos at the border. Let General Shang Bei go to investigate. If possible, we must not kill the monsters. We must delay until sent people to heaven..."

"Heaven, heaven! Is the Demon Lord really going to be a puppet of heaven?" Shen Li was so angry that she ignored etiquette, stood up, slammed the door and left.

There was silence in the meeting hall, and suddenly the Demon Lord asked: "Do the three generals think that I really did something wrong?"

"Your Majesty has your own concerns and plans." One of the veterans sighed, "The young prince is young and cannot understand your good intentions, but please relax, your Majesty. One day, the young prince will know."

"Yes." The eyes behind the Demon Lord's mask closed tiredly, "She will know one day."

General Zixia's coffin had not yet been sealed. When Shen Li went there, she saw that his face was covered with blue lines and his fingertips were black. The medical officer said that it was a sting from the poisonous tail of a scorpion-tailed fox. Zixia's skill would not have been fatal, but in order to bring the news back, he rushed back to the Demon Palace without rest after the injury, causing the poisonous gas to attack his heart, which killed him.

Shen Li could only grit her teeth silently as she heard the news. Her brother risked his life to bring back the news, but he was not given the same attention as his life. She buried the body with care, notified the heaven, and spent more energy to capture the monster alive, and then wait for the people in the heaven. Come and deal with it! Is this what Zixia wants?