Chapter 02 Xingyun's Courtyard

When Shen Li woke up again, it was already the morning of the second day. In the light of the morning light, she happened to see the man lying on the edge of the pond, pinching steamed buns and feeding the fish. He seemed to like the fish very much, and his sleeves were soaked in the water. The person in the water was completely unaware that his profile in the backlight was somewhat indescribably sacred.

Holy? A mortal?

Memories of being tormented by him came overwhelmingly. Shen Li blinked hard, getting rid of the confusion in her eyes, and replaced them with alert eyes.

Perhaps her eyes were too focused and burning, so Xingyun suddenly turned his head and glanced at her, and said lightly: "My name is Xingyun." It was as if he emphasized it on purpose. Shen Li was startled, then saw Xingyun patting his clothes and standing up, tapping his numb feet and muttering, "Ah, it's time to drink medicine." Then he limped into the house, his posture even awkward. It has to be a little funny.

Shen Li felt that there must be something wrong with her eyes before. Where did such a person come from? He was obviously... ordinary.

Too lazy to continue thinking about a mortal, Shen Li moved her head and tried to stand up. She thought that judging from yesterday's injuries, she would not be able to stand up now. However, this time she tried to find that she had passed by that strange place. After all the hard work, her physical strength recovered faster than usual!

Shen Li didn't think about it carefully. When adjusting breathed into her body, she sighed in disappointment. Sure enough, her magic power couldn't be restored so quickly... But that was fine. People in the demon world couldn't detect her breath for the time being. But according to the Demon Lord's thunderous methods, it will only be a matter of time before she is found. If she has not recovered her mana by then...

"Cuck, come on."

Shen Li was thinking when she suddenly heard a call from behind. She turned her head angrily and saw a man in green and white clothes sitting on the bluestone steps. He handed her a white-faced steamed bun and said, "Eat."

Shen Li snorted coldly in her heart and turned away to ignore it, but suddenly remembered that all the sins she suffered yesterday seemed to be caused by "refusing to eat." She stiffened, thought for a long time, and finally gritted her teeth, holding her neck and reluctantly walked up to the man with proud steps.

Smelling the faint medicinal fragrance wafting from his body, Shen Li took a closer look at Xingyun and saw that his lips and his eyes were slightly dark, indicating that he had a short life.

Very good! Shen Li thought to herself that although this mortal saw many ugly things about her, fortunately her life was short. After death and reincarnation, he would forget everything. She would still be the glorious King of Bi Cang without any stain. Thinking of this, she felt relieved. She stretched her neck and took a bite of the steamed bun. The glutinous food made Shen Li's eyes suddenly light up. This... this steamed bun is so delicious that it's not normal at all!

Before the man could react, Shen Li opened her mouth wide and snatched the steamed bun away, placed it on the clean bluestone board and started devouring it.

The demons are no better than the immortals in the sky who do not need to eat or drink and will not die. They need food just like humans, but Shen Li only eats meat and does not eat any vegetarian food, so it is not easy to make her eat steamed buns.

After pecking away the crumbs of the steamed bun, Shen Li raised her head and glanced at Xingyun. But she saw the person next to her holding his chin with his hands, looking at her with soft eyes, half-smiling but not smiling. In fact, this was a very normal look when she was looking at a pet, but Shen Li accidentally looked at him with this ordinary look. Her heart skipped a beat, and she turned her head away slightly uncomfortably.