Chapter 8 The Crown Prince

The door was closed, and it seemed that there were only three people in the courtyard, Xingyun, Shen Li, and the Crown Prince. However, the three people present knew that during today's ‘arrangement’, there were already too many secret spies hiding places in the room.

The Crown Prince sat down on the stone chair: "It's really not easy to meet the Young Master."

Xingyun smiled slightly: "It's still easier than meeting the prince."

Shen Li grew up in the demon world since she was a child, and the demon world is martial. No matter whether she is an official or a citizen, she is forthright and upright, and so is she. She hated people talking to her in official ways and didn't like to be polite. Shen Li went into the kitchen and looked for food in the pots and basins.

"But I heard that the young master can communicate with ghosts and gods and know the future. I was curious and came to have a look. I want to ask for a divination. I wonder if the young master will take possession of it or not?"

"Not taking."

Hearing his decisiveness, the prince's face darkened.

"Ha." The prince sneered, "Young master, you just want to raise your status. If you can figure out what I have in mind, I will allow you to be rich and powerful. After I ascend the throne, I will make you the national advisor. It’s not impossible.”

Xingyun shook his head: "I won't go."

"Young master, don't be ignorant of the importance of praise." The prince looked around, "It will be easy for me to destroy your small courtyard today."

Xingyun took a sip of tea. He didn't know what he thought of, and laughed softly: "The prince went to such trouble to come here just because he wanted to know when he would be able to ascend the throne. But the life of the emperor is related to the destiny of the country. It's not that I don't want to count, but it’s really impossible to calculate. I don’t think it’s easy for the prince to level this place today, but if you want to level this place, it’s still somewhat possible.”

The Crown Prince's expression changed, he slapped the table and stood up, shouting: "What a courageous dog!"

Shen Li looked into the courtyard from the kitchen and saw a guard in green jumping out of nowhere and holding a sharp sword to Xingyun's neck. The prince was so angry that he actually threw away the pot of hot tea in front of him. Xingyun was hit by the blow, he tried to hide, but was restrained by the person behind him, and hot water poured all over him in an instant.

Shen Li heard Xingyun groan. She thought it must be very hot. Her pupils shrank and an evil fire surged in her heart. Just as she was about to go out, two other guards in green fell in front of Shen Li. They drew their swords out of their sheaths. Li sneered and kicked the person in front of her away, sending the person flying out and hitting the green-clothed guard behind Xingyun. The two of them fell into a pile. The person standing in front of Shen Li saw this and stabbed her with a sword. However, Shen Li stretched out her hand and grabbed the blade of the sword. She tightened her palm and the stainless steel sword wrinkled like paper when she pinched it gently. The green guard gasped in horror.

Shen Li swung her sword away and ignored him. She swayed to the corner of the water tank like a ghost, scooped up a ladle of water, and threw it out with a flick of her arm. The cold water splashed on the crown prince like an arrow. The force was so strong that his body was knocked off the chair, and he was rolled all over in mud: "Ouch, ouch..." The Crown Prince was soaked all over, and his hair was covered in messy face.

Shen Li completed these actions in an instant. No one else in the courtyard jumped out to tell Shen Li to stop. It was as if everyone was petrified by her.