Chapter 39 Purification Technique

Shen Li recovered very quickly, and her health was much better the next morning.

Opening her eyes, she looked around. The woman Jing Yan cared about was already awake and sitting quietly in the corner. Seeing Shen Li looking at her, she nodded in greeting, and Shen Li also returned the greeting. 

Turning her eyes, she saw Xing Zhi leaning on the pillar in the temple and resting with his eyes closed. The sunlight outside the window filtered in through the tattered window paper, and a little bit of it fell on Xing Zhi's face, making his face look leisurely and peaceful, and he seemed to be in a trance. Shen Li (thought) saw the mortal sitting in the rocking chair under the vines in the courtyard again.

Shen Li closed her eyes and was quiet for a while, throwing away all the thoughts in her mind. When she opened her eyes again, she didn't want to look into Xing Zhi's newly awakened eyes: "Are you feeling better?"

"Well..." Shen Li looked away, blinked twice, stood up quickly, opened the temple door, and the morning light spread all over her. The miasma in the sky has almost subsided. Although there is still some breath left in the wind, it is much better than before. Shen Li took a deep breath. Although the sunlight made her face pale, it also made the light in her eyes extremely bright. The corner of her lips raised: "Although we didn't catch the mastermind this time, we can still gain some peace in exchange for peace here."

Xing Zhi slept one night leaning on the big pillar in the temple, his shoulders and back were a little stiff. He rubbed his arms and said in a slightly hoarse voice: "In my opinion, the prince is just resourceful enough, and fate will come to him."

Shen Li raised her eyebrows and looked back at him: "It's strange to say that before meeting Shenjun, Shen Li was never injured so seriously whether she went to the battlefield to kill enemies or fought in private. But after meeting Shenjun, in every battle will be injured, and every injury will be serious." She paused and said teasingly, "If this continues, Shen Li may die on the battlefield one day, and Divine Lord will have to pay for it with his life.”

Xing Zhi smiled: "That's nonsense."

Shen Li turned to look at him in the backlight, and said with a hint of joking: "Shenjun, you must be reluctant to part with your precious body."

Xing Zhi stood up, patted the hem of his clothes and said casually: "If one day comes, Xing Zhi will pay you with his life."

She didn't expect that he would really say such a thing. Shen Li was startled and looked at Xing Zhi for a long time. Then she turned around and smiled, shook her head, and said nothing more.

"Ah!" A sudden cry came from outside the temple, and Shen Li recognized that it was Jing Xi's voice. Shi Luo, who was sitting quietly in the corner of the room, suddenly moved and leaned slightly to look outside. Shen Li frowned and walked towards that direction. Before she even got close, she heard a commotion. Many people were watching and whispering. Jing Xi urged voice anxiously, "Brother Jing Yan! What are you doing?!"

Shen Li broke through the crowd and looked inside, and saw Furong Jun sitting on the ground. He didn't look embarrassed, but rather proud that his plot had succeeded. Instead, it was Jing Yan, although he stood with murderous aura, but his face was slightly tinged. He was haggard and stared at Furong Jun with a fierce look, as if he wished he could kill him quickly.

Jing Xi stepped in front of Furong Jun, her eyes filled with dissatisfaction: "Brother Jing Yan is going too far!"

Jing Yan's face turned even colder: "Get out of the way, I will get rid of him today."

Furong Jun said coolly: "Xiao Xi, your senior brother is so powerful."

When Shen Li saw this scene, she knew what was going on without even thinking about it. She took two steps forward with a cold face and kicked Furong Jun on the butt: "What are you pretending to be? Get up and harm people again!"