Chapter 3 Living Ordinary

In March, the night was still long, and it was still dark when the rooster crowed. Shen Li suddenly woke up from her dream because she noticed the sound of soft footsteps coming from the ground. However, the moment she opened her eyes, she realized that she couldn’t see anything. After found out that she was covered by a piece of cloth, she was shocked. Could it be that the Demon Lord's Qiankun Bag captured her?

After a panicked struggle, her head finally breathed the air of the outside world. There was no demon king, and no pursuers were coming. She was still sleeping under the grape trellis, and she still looked like a hairless pheasant. The air is thick with dew. There was a slight sound coming from the front yard, and Shen Li walked to the front yard warily.

The courtyard door was slightly open, and there was a noise outside. Shen Li secretly poked her head out through the crack in the door. The light of the torch illuminated the alley. Two carriages were parked in the alley. The commoner girl she saw yesterday was standing with her mother. Together, the men in the family were loading and putting things on the carriage, and Xingyun was helping. After everything was loaded and put, other people got on the carriage one after another. Only the girl and her mother were still standing outside.

"Xingyun, your parents passed away early. Although we were neighbours over the years, we couldn't do anything to help you. Now that I think about it, I feel very guilty. I'm afraid we won't be able to see each other again. You will have millions of lives in the future. Take care."

"Don't worry, ma'am, Xingyun knows." He responded with a smile. The middle-aged woman seemed to be deeply moved, sighed, and covered her face in the carriage. The little girl was left standing face to face with Xingyun.

The girl lowered her head and said nothing. The light from the torch reflected in her eyes.

"Going south at this time, there will be peach blossoms everywhere." Xingyun looked towards the end of the alley and suddenly said softly, "I am not a good man." These four words were faint. When Shen Li heard the words, she couldn't help but raise her eyes to look at him, the profile of his face in the backlight had a heart-stirring beauty, but there was no fluctuation in his eyes. It wasn't that he was ruthless, but that he was really dull by nature. Shen Li looked at him blankly, and suddenly felt that this person might be much more complicated than she imagined.

After hearing this, the girl's eyes suddenly turned red and two drops of tears fell. She bowed deeply and said goodbye: "Brother Xingyun, take care."

Once she leaves, there will be no return date, and they will never see each other again in life. Shen Li sighed, but saw Xingyun watching the carriage drive away, amid the sound of wheels...

The sound of her running away wouldn't be that obvious amidst the sound of wheels, right?

Shen Li's eyes suddenly lit up and she looked around. No one was around except Xingyun who was still watching her old neighbour. Shen Li squeezed out of the door and ran towards the direction of the alley.

She ran to the street, and at the right time, there was already a vendor setting up breakfast on the street. Shen Li looked back and saw no Xingyun coming. She breathed a sigh of relief. This Xingyun was too mysterious and could understand what she was saying, but he wasn't afraid of her at all. Now that she was seriously injured and had to evade the devil's pursuers, she really didn't have the energy to fight with him. Wait...seriously injured? Shen Li raised her wings strangely. Considering all the struggles yesterday, where did she get the strength to support her running all the way?

Thinking about it carefully, it seems that it was the same when she woke up yesterday morning, and her physical strength recovered very quickly. Could it be that Xingyun did something to her? Or is there something wrong with what she eat? Thinking of the unusually delicious steamed buns and the overly fragrant risotto last night, Shen Li stretched her neck unnaturally and swallowed.