Chapter 4 Idle Chicken

Shen Li breathed in the moonlight all night, to no avail. In the morning, she put her head on the stone to sleep listlessly, but suddenly she heard the sound of the courtyard door opening. She perked up and ran to the front yard. 

She saw Xingyun was about to go out, without a basket on his back or a bag. She was surprised: "No ginseng for sale today?”

"The ginseng is still drying." Xingyun stooped down and patted Shen Li on the head, "I'm going out to buy something, just keep an eye on the house."

"I'll go too, wait!" Shen Li turned around and ran to the backyard. She took the stubborn stone that she had failed to enchant last night into her mouth, and then ran back with a stumbling step. She said vaguely: "Let's go. Let's do it." 

She felt that since the essence of the moon didn't work, she might as well try the essence of the sun. If she succeeded in turning stone into gold, she could just buy some good things back.

Xingyun looked at the stone in her mouth and was stunned for a moment. He didn't ask anything. He just smiled and said, "How are you going to go out with me? There are many people in the market. If we get separated, I can't tell you when I turn around. It's like a pot of soup. How about I put a rope around your neck and lead you away, okay?"

Shen Li was furious when she heard this: "How presumptuous!" She flapped her wings non-stop, "I accompanied you to the market out of kindness, and out of gratitude, naturally I want you to hold me...hug me! Hurry up, Hug me."

Looking at Shen Li's two fleshy wings stretched out, Xingyun was stunned for a long time, then smiled suddenly, actually bent down, picked Shen Li up, and let her rub in his arms for a long time, and finally found a comfortable position and lay down, and then ordered: "Be careful when walking, don't be too bumpy."

Xingyun chuckled: "Yes, everyone listens to the chicken." 😂

Shen Li cast spells all the way to no avail, and Xingyun didn't care what noise she made, and just walked his own way calmly. When he got to the market, he heard a butcher selling the meat price today in the distance. Xingyun thought about it, but it didn't work, the meat had gone up again, and he couldn't afford it for two taels... This chicken has a big stomach, and it will definitely not be full. He will have to mutter when he looks back, and he doesn't know in what year and month he will poke this stone...

Just at the right time, he suddenly heard someone next to him saying, "Hey, I'm rich for ten copper coins."

Xingyun turned around and saw a man in his thirties holding a fortune-telling flag with the sign of Half Immortal. He was squeezing another person's hand and talking nonstop: "From now on, judging from the cross pattern, this is a sign of great auspiciousness, the young master has been blessed recently..." Xingyun was silent for a while, and suddenly stepped forward: "This is my brother." He directly interjected, "Today at noon, there may be a fire in your home. If you don’t go home now, you will have great regrets in the future.”

As soon as these words came out, both the fortune teller and the young man were stunned. Even Shen Li looked up from his arms and looked at him in confusion. The fortune teller was the first to react. He frowned and said in a bad temper: "What nonsense are you talking about! Go and don't mess with this young master's luck."

"You will know if I am talking nonsense when you get home." Xingyun smiled lightly, "I am still here waiting for you this afternoon."

Since the young man came to tell fortunes, he was already a believer in this way. Seeing him speak so firmly, his heart beat loudly. After hesitating for a long time, he finally took his hand back from the fortune teller and walked quickly home. Shen Li gently poked his arm with the tip of her wing: "Are you lying?"