Chapter 40 I Can Only Protect You if I'm in Front

The trees in the forest are leafless, and the walk along the way makes people feel as desolate as late autumn.

Shen Li glanced sideways at Xing Zhi a few times, but still didn't ask the question. Xing Zhi walked and laughed dumbly: "Such a hesitant behaviour is not like the King Bi Cang I know."

After being exposed, Shen Li stopped covering up and asked directly: "Although I don't know much about the heavenly world, I still know that you are the only god left in the world. What happened to Jing Yan just now?"

"It's true that I am the only one now, but a long time ago, I was not the only god who lived in the sky. For me, those are things that are too far away to be traced back." The smile on his lips did not change, but it was extremely indifferent, "Jing Yan was the Rui King in the previous life, and he was also my best friend. His name is Qingye. With silver hair and silver eyes, he was a very beautiful god back then."

Shen Li glanced sideways at Xing Zhi. Even though she had seen his side profile so many times, it still made people feel jealously beautiful. Shen Li couldn't help blurting out: "Compared with Shenjun?"

Xing Zhi turned his head and glanced at Shen Li. The smile on his lips was a bit intoxicating: "Of course I am more beautiful."

The complacency and boastfulness in his words were not offensive, but made Shen Li smile: "I think so too." Shen Li praised his appearance so frankly, which made Xing Zhi feel a little stunned, but Shen Li didn't continued to linger on this topic and then asked: "What happens next? Why is your best friend no longer a god?"

"Because he fell in love with a mortal." His actions and voice remained the same, but the light in his eyes was a bit dim. "He had an affair, and in order to save a mortal, he went against the will of heaven, and his godhead was abolished."

Shen Li was stunned: "Who else... can punish the gods?"

"Gods are born, and are naturally controlled by heaven. If such a powerful power is used for personal use, wouldn't the world be in chaos?" He turned to look at Shen Li, "Heaven is not much freer than other places in the world." He stopped walking, as he walked, he said, "Qingye was demoted to the mortal world. He suffered the pain of reincarnation all his life, and he misunderstood his lover for life."

Shen Li thought of King Rui in his previous life. No matter who the woman he wanted was, in the end he missed both women. And in this life, Jing Yan also had two women around him... Shen Li He wondered: "Who is the person he likes reincarnated as?"

"Only he knows this. I have just awakened his godhead and channelled a bit of his divine power. Maybe he will find some clues. But what the outcome will be depends on fate." Xing Zhi looked at the sky, "Also hope for the way of heaven, don’t go too far and kill them all.”

Shen Li was silent for a long time and then said: "That's not right." She paused, "I think it's better to look at things more simply. Although Qingye has lost his godhead now, it doesn't mean that God is interfering with his life all the time. In his last life, he was Prince Rui, and he and his princess shared life and death, so naturally he loved her in his heart. But in this life, he was Jing Yan, he and Jing Xi grew up together. It is obvious that he has Jing Xi in his heart now. In his previous life, it is not absolutely related to this life. His destiny is made up of three parts of heaven and seven parts of human choice. No wonder it is fate."

Xing Zhi also paused and turned back to look at her: "What you said is quite new. But no matter how you say it, Jing Yan's hardships in this life must be related to love. This is something that neither you nor I can interfere with. Their excitement is also I can only see here.”

Shen Li was silent for a moment, no longer entangled in the topic and said, "Since you said that Qing Ye was deprived of his godhead, how did you awaken his godhead just now? Aren't you afraid that you will also be punished by God?"