Chapter 13 Stubborn Xiao He

"I'm afraid I won't be able to leave today." Shen Li glanced around at the blood bubbles around her, "There are still things to be done here."

Seeing Shen Li in trouble, Mo Fang couldn't help but frown. He really didn't want to rush Shen Li, but the matter really couldn't be delayed, so he cupped his fists and persuaded: "Her Lordship! We can't delay our departure any longer. If Her Lordship is captured, Her Holiness will never let you have a chance to come out again. Heaven is already preparing for the marriage, and at that time..."

Shen Li knew better than anyone what happened at that time. She looked back and saw Xingyun standing there, pointing her red tassel weapon at a blood bubbles’ butt curiously and stabbing it. The blood bubble didn't even have time to cry out, and was torn apart by the evil spirit on the tip of the spear. Xingyun seemed to be sighing, and turned around to carefully consider the silver spear.

Shen Li twitched the corner of her mouth, turned back, and rubbed her eyebrows: "Well, I know, but I can't let myself leave now."

"Her Lordship?" Mo Fang's slight frown expressed his confusion. In his eyes, Shen Li always only talked about whether to do it or not, and rarely said ‘can't do it’ or ‘I don't know.’

"I have gone through many things in the mortal world these days, and I fell in love with someone unintentionally." She paused and looked at Xingyun. Mo Fang looked stunned and followed her gaze to the man beside him. The man was dressed in a plain robe. After running around all night, he looked a little scattered, his face was pale, and he was short of breath. At first glance, he looked like he would be short-lived.

"This is... the person who attracted the Lord's attention?"

At the right time, Xingyun's wrist seemed to have suddenly lost strength. The silver weapon fell to the ground with no hand holding it, and rolled towards the blood bubble. The evil energy around the silver weapon killed the demon spirits that had been deprived of their power by the sun. No scrap of armour was left behind, and the resentment in the demon spirit also rose up, causing Xingyun who was chasing after him to cough non-stop. When he finally picked up the silver weapon, he felt even more haggard.

Shen Li sighed softly: "He is such a person. Before I met him, I never thought..." Shen Li raised her eyes and saw Mo Fang frowning. She said, "He is different from us. He has a shabby body. He will die in a few moments. I really don’t feel comfortable keeping him now. I have to put him in a safe place before I can leave. Although I have fallen in love with him, I also know that humans and demons have different paths, and mortals have a very short life span. It can't continue the memory of the previous life." Shen Li paused, and her tone was calm and firm: "I won't be with him, I just want him to be safe in this life."

Hearing the determination in her tone, Mo Fang knew that no matter what others said, Shen Li would still do the way she decided. Mo Fang lowered his eyes slightly, remained silent for a long time, and half knelt down. Earth, willing to surrender: "You subordinates are willing to share Her Lordship's worries and obey your arrangements."

Shen Li pondered for a moment: "Half a day." She turned around and walked towards Xingyun, "If you can help me delay for half a day, I can finish the matter here."

"It's an order."

Shen Li looked back at him: "Thank you."

Mo Fang's eyes moved slightly, without any more words, his figure was like the wind, and he disappeared in a flash.

Shen Li took the silver weapon from Xingyun's hand, and Xingyun smiled and said, "Your weapon is so powerful."

"You are quite powerful for being able to hold it for so long." This weapon has killed too many people and has a strong evil aura. Many creatures are afraid of it. Xingyun has an indifferent temperament, even emotions like fear and sadness are gone even though he is weak, in a sense, he is a master. Without stopping on this topic, Shen Li glanced around and murmured, "The demon spirit is still in the palace. Xiao He must not have gone far. Where is she hiding...?"