Chapter 44 Heavenly Realm

On the ninth level of the sky, the clouds were filled with colours. In the Tianjun Palace, the Tianjun (Heavenly Emperor) was shaking his head and sighing. The door was gently knocked, and the waiter outside whispered: "Emperor, the Xing Zhi Shenjun is here."

"Please come quickly." The Emperor of Heaven stood up to greet Xing Zhi. When Xing Zhi walked in, he cupped his fists and bowed, "The Lord God has been away for a long time."

Xing Zhi smiled lightly and saluted: "I heard the emperor sighing loudly outside the door. Is the emperor worried about something?"

The Emperor of Heaven smiled: "The heaven is stable and comfortable. Only the unusual movements in the lower realm that you came back a little while ago can make people a little more vigilant. What else can happen?" 

The Emperor of Heaven led Xing Zhi into the room and pointed to the table full of things. He said: "I am sighing like this today because I saw a jade cup at Immortal Lord Tianyuan a few days ago. I was so happy that I wanted to find a cup to exchange with Lord Tianyuan, but Lord Tianyuan also loved it very much. You refused to give it to me." The Emperor of Heaven sighed, as if he was extremely sad.

Xing Zhi smiled slightly but said nothing. Compared with the devil world, life in the heaven was really much comfortable.

"I have nothing else to do but love jade. Now that I can't get it, it's really a pity. If I force Lord Tianyuan to give it to me, it would be too unbecoming of a king, and it would be really distressing."

"If you don't deserve it, you should naturally let it go. Emperor, I hope you won't be paranoid about anything." These were originally words to comfort the Emperor, but as soon as the words fell, Xing Zhi himself lowered his eyebrows and inadvertently pulled out the words on his lips. There was an inexplicable arc, one part cool and one part self-deprecating, "Don't lose control."

The Emperor of Heaven also shook his head and said with a smile: "After living for so long, I always tell myself to treat it with a pure heart, it's okay if I couldn’t get something I like. When I see it, I can't control myself and my heart rushes to take care of it. I can’t control myself and I’m at a loss of whether to advance or retreat.”

"Yes." Xing Zhi responded slightly absent-mindedly, "You knew you shouldn't pick it up but couldn't put it down. You finally made up your mind to let go, but you were unwilling to do so. Ha...the purer you are, the easier it is to be persistent..." He shook his head and laughed, "The emperor's mood is unknown to his behaviour."

The Emperor of Heaven glanced at Xing Zhi: "This... what did the Lord of Gods encounter when he went down to the world this time? Thoughts, that would be a disaster to the three realms!"

Xing Zhi lowered his eyes and said, "The Emperor is too worried."

The Emperor of Heaven was relieved and said, "I must have worried too much. The divine monarch has been so pure since ancient times that no immortal can compare with him today."

Xing Zhi smiled and changed the subject: "I came to look for the Emperor because I have something to tell you", Xing Zhi knew that he could not stay longer, so he said goodbye and left, but the Emperor of Heaven called out: "The Hundred Flowers Banquet will be held soon. If the Lord of Gods returns to the outer world and has nothing to do, it is better to stay in the ninth heaven."

Xing Zhi pondered and nodded: "That's fine, I haven't visited my old friends for a long time."

Furong Jun was punished and knelt down.

He knelt on the long steps in front of the Tianjun Palace for nine days and nine nights. The cold jade steps in front of the Tianjun Palace were extremely cold, and the immortal energy lingered all year round. It looked beautiful, but kneeling on it was not a pleasant thing. Furong Jun knelt until he fainted and woke up again. He struggled several times and admitted his mistake until his voice became hoarse. In the end, his parents and Sister went to plead for him, and Tianjun finally calmed down slightly and allowed him to return to his place. From then on, Furong Jun had taken note of Xing Zhi's revenge. However, the gap was so big that he could not retaliate, he could only itch with hatred.