Chapter 01 Mortal World

Black clouds suddenly came and threatened to destroy the city, with thunder rolling in the clouds. People in the town could not avoid leaving their homes. Only the owner of an ordinary house in the west of the city opened the door to the backyard. The bamboos and pergolas in the courtyard were pulled out by the strong wind. With a rustling sound, his hair and clothes were flying in the wind like falling bamboo leaves.

"The weather... has gotten worse." The corner of his lips raised in a slight arc, and he looked up at the sky, but saw a little silver light slowly falling from the dark clouds and disappearing among the mountains outside the city, "There are changes."

On the second day, Xingyun walked through the lively market wearing green and white clothes. There seemed to be another voice calling him in the noisy voice, making him stop involuntarily. "Selling chickens, fat chickens!" The vendor's voice was particularly loud in his ears, and he turned on his heels and walked towards that direction.

In the chicken basket, dozens of chickens were crowded inside, and one of them, a hairless chicken, looked particularly eye-catching. But it seemed to be in extremely bad spirits, with its head lowered and its eyes looking down as if it was about to die. Xingyun stared at it for a long time, then smiled and said, "I want this one."

The vendor responded: "Hey, this chicken is too ugly. If you want it, I'll give it a cheaper price..."

"No need." Xingyun took out the money and put it in the vendor's hand. "It's worth this price. If it's cheap, it won't be happy."

Can a chicken still be angry? The vendor scratched his head and sent him away. He turned around and opened his palms to look at it. He was stunned for a long time and suddenly shouted: "Hey! The money you gave me is not enough to buy that broiler chicken... Hey! That young man! Hey! Hey!! Ouch! You little bastard, stop here! You’re short of money!”

But Xingyun has long since disappeared.

The world was in chaos. In a daze, Shen Li saw a strong man with a stubble on his face walking towards her. He picked her up unceremoniously and smiled evilly.

"What a coward! Let me go!" Her skin started to feel hot and painful. She struggled desperately and tried her best to escape, but she was too weak and her arms were tightly twisted from behind, tie her legs, and then...

He plucked all her feathers.

What a bastard! If he dares to untie the rope and fight her, she will definitely blind this ignorant mortal!

Waking up from the nightmare, Shen Li gasped for breath. After a while, she slowly raised her head on the green grass and looked around. This seemed to be the backyard of some family. There was a small pond made of stones, and there was a pond just now. There was a grapevine with buds, and a bamboo rocking chair under the vine. There was a man lying lazily on it. He was not a hunter with a fleshy body, nor a chicken seller with a dirty look, but a fair-skinned man in green and white clothes, he closed his eyes and allowed the dappled sunlight through the grapevines to fall on him.

Shen Li was stunned for an untimely moment. Even though she had seen many beautiful men, there were only a few immortals with such an earthly temperament... Shen Li turned away and had no time to indulge in this beauty, Shen Li knew that if she stayed in one place for too long, she would be discovered, and she had to leave quickly...

"Ah, get up." Before Shen Li could stand up, she heard the man say hoarsely as if he had just woken up: "I thought you were going to die." Shen Li turned her head to look at him and saw the man sitting in a rocking chair, didn't even move his body, looked at her and smiled, casually sprinkled the crumbs of the steamed buns in his hand towards her, and then made a mean and funny sound in his mouth, "Cuck, click."

Funny...funny!

Shen Li froze for an instant. Although she was originally a phoenix, she had been in human form since she was born. She was born with the ancient god Bihai Cangzhu in her mouth. She had attracted much attention since she was a child. After she made her first military exploit when she was five hundred years old, The Demon Lord named her the King of Bi Cang, and she was even more honoured after that. Who dared to look down upon her in the Demon Realm? Today...today she, the most dominant figure in the Demon Realm, was molested like a poultry by a mortal! What a shame!

Shen Li gritted her teeth and tried hard to stand up, but she never imagined the sword that Mo Fang stabbed near her heart was so powerful that she could not move even now. She lay on the ground and twitched for a while, feeling angry and helpless. But when she looked up, the man's eyebrows were crooked, and he waved to her again: "Chicken, come, chicken, come."

Come on, uncle! Shen Li got up in anger, tried her best to push up, and jumped up. However, she fluttered less than a foot away and fell to the ground. Her sharp beak hit the ground and just hit a piece of steamed bun crumbs.

"Don't rush, don't rush, there's more here." The man said, went into the house and took out a big steamed bun, squatted down in front of her, handed it to her, smiled gently, "Here."

Who wants charity from you? Shen Li gritted her teeth with hatred, but the situation was so pressing that she could only close her eyes, poke a hole in the ground with her beak, and stuff her head inside, wishing she could bury herself in it and die.

The man stared at her bald head, raised the corners of his lips, and said with a smile: "Why? Don't you want to eat? Let's take a bath first." After saying that, he pinched her wings and carried her towards the pond.

Hey...wait! what's the situation! bath? Who said you need to take a shower? Damn thing! Let me go! When I return to the Demon Realm, I will ask people to kill all nineteen of your clans! As long as you dare to touch a hair on my head! A single hair...

Shen Li stared blankly at herself in the reflection of the pond... There was really no hair left...

Yesterday, she was stabbed back to her original shape by Mo Fang's sword, fell into the mountains and forests, and was picked up by a hunter. She knew that her golden hair had been plucked out, but she never expected that the rough hunter would do this. Too much ingenuity! This is to take her into boiling water and scald her again! All single hair on her body is gone! There’s not one left! How on earth did he do it! Shen Li was about to cry but had no tears. 

She suddenly remembered that a few days ago, a civil servant was smiling and balding. She was confused at that time and didn't understand why he was crying. Now she really wants to tear herself into pieces at that time. Yes, she has a mean mouth and got her comeuppance today...

"Let's take a shower." Before Shen Li could savour her look, the man suddenly threw her into the pond with a flick of his hand.

As soon as Shen Li fell down, she choked a few mouthfuls of water. The desire to survive made her two hairless wings flap non-stop. The man was still laughing at her for being timid, but when he saw that Shen Li was fluttering really hard, he frowned and asked in distress. Said: "Hey, don't you know how to swim?"

Does your chicken know how to drink water? How little common sense do you have!

She was seriously injured and had no magic power. After struggling like this for a while, she could no longer hold on. Just when she thought she would be killed by a mortal today, a bamboo pole swept across and lifted her up suddenly, fished her to the edge of the pond, the man squatted down and pressed her bare chest meaningfully: "Keep breathing, don't stop breathing, so you can survive."

Her wet body was twitching uncontrollably. Before she fell into coma, Shen Li stared at him: This guy was deliberately tormenting her! It’s definitely intentional!

Seeing Shen Li rolling her eyes and fainting, he just smiled faintly, poked her bald forehead and said, "You have to be polite. My name is Xingyun, and I am not a guy."

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*