Chapter 6 Beaten

White smoke rose from the incense burner in the room. The man sitting behind the sandalwood desk put down his pen and asked in a slightly raised voice, "Is this true?"

The person kneeling below trembled and replied: "Even if I have ten courage, I would not dare to deceive His Highness the Crown Prince! My sister-in-law were crazy a few days ago, but they have recovered like normal people in the past two days. The traces of the gods that night were also witnessed by me. Although my wife was unconscious at the time, the neighbours also saw the light overflowing from my house! And this Tsing Yi... the chicken he was traveling with transformed into an immortal beauty, these were the clothes he took off for the beauty to wear. Later, the beauty turned into a chicken again, and the clothes fell to the ground, and he forgot to take them away."

"This is an interesting story." Danfeng narrowed his eyes slightly, "Fu Sheng, bring that man to the mansion and show me what he is capable of."

 "Yes."

***

The days in the small courtyard are as peaceful as ever. The leaves on the grape trellis slowly grow denser, blocking the sunlight that is getting hotter with the coming of summer. Xingyun was lying in the courtyard to rest. Suddenly, the rocking chair was bumped. Xingyun opened his eyes and glanced at the chicken rolling on the floor.

"Ah! Why can't I change back?!" Shen Li was covered in dirt and yelled angrily, "It was obviously successful that night! My mana has almost recovered in the past two days, why can't I change back!"

Xingyun's eyebrows slightly curved, and after a while he said calmly: "Stop screaming." He glanced at the cloth that was pulled to the ground by Shen Li, "Get into the clothes and change, when you can it would be bad to be transformed into a human body like this." As he finished speaking, he suddenly remembered the back of Shen Li standing upright in the light of that day, and felt a little lost for a moment.

Hearing Xingyun's words, Shen Li stood up and looked at him: "The formation you set up that day looked very powerful, why don't you try setting up a formation for me that can condense the essence of the sun and the moon."

"The formation you mentioned is already here." Xingyun said with a smile, "You have been here for so many days, but you don't feel anything at all?"

Shen Li was stunned and looked around, and then realized that the arrangement of stones and planting of plants in the backyard were indeed arranged according to certain rules. It was just that they had been placed for many years, and grass had grown in many places, making it difficult to see the boundaries, which confused Shen Li's eyes. She suddenly realized that no wonder that her physical strength recovered so quickly here. It turned out thanks to the formation here.

"Xingyun, you are becoming more and more unpredictable to me." Shen Li looked around the small courtyard carefully, squatted in front of Xingyun, and said, "A mortal can calculate destiny and understand so many things. You have a strange formation, but you have no magic power and no spells. Who are you?"

Xingyun replied with a smile: "Good man."

"I think you are a weirdo." Shen Li said, "You have a weird temper and weird behaviour. Look at me, I look like this." Shen Li spun around on the ground, "I have no hair, can talk, and can transformed into human, you are neither curious nor afraid and yet you still support me in your courtyard... Could it be that you have already figured something out?"

"Didn't I say that divination and fortune-telling are not good skills, and I don't like to do these things. I don't ask you just because I don't want to ask. Destiny meets, fate disappears, and it is useless to ask. You and I only need to know that there is nothing for each other. No one get harm.”