🖤 𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖳𝗐𝗈_{𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕}💛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let us work together on this." Saints shaking hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

"Let's go," Valerio announced as he rose from the couch, so quickly his head swam, and he nearly stumbled.

"What are you doing?" Michael inquired, his tone steady.

"I believe we decided to go shopping?" Valerio made his way to the door, not bothering to turn towards Michael as he faced the exit.

"Are you capable of driving? After those the drinks?" Michael raised an eyebrow and scoffed.

Valerio waved a dismissive hand in the air and glanced at Michael over his shoulder. "Santo will be driving," he replied in a whiny tone.

"I'm assuming you're two hours late," Michael remarked dryly.

"It's not too late yet," Valerio snapped, flicking his Rolex in front of him to check the time, the minute hand ticking to 8:45 p.m. precisely.

"And don't give me any shit, Michael. It's my wedding day."

Michael brushed off Valerio's remark, his expression devoid of emotion. Valerio could never quite read this guy.

"You didn't even say hello to my wife," Valerio pointed out, frustration creeping into his voice.

After those words, silence enveloped the veranda.

"I did greet her," Valerio muttered under his breath, the quiet amplifying his response enough to earn a disapproving 'tsk' from Michael.

"Oh really? When was that? In your own little world?" Michael's sarcasm hit its mark, causing Valerio to shut his eyes in annoyance.

He had thought of his beautiful wife, naked in his bed, wearing only the scar he had given her under her chin. His heart panged, but he shoved the feeling aside.

His heart wasn't involved in this. Not at all.

He needed that reminder again and again to remember that it was just a game. There was no queen in there.

"Did you greet Veda?" Michael asked with a smirk, teasingly about to joke about a telepathic connection between them, but...

Veda frowned, stepping back as she strode past him, initially heading towards Valerio but halting when she saw him marching away without looking back.

Awkwardly, Veda turned around, scratching her neck and tilting her head to the right. "Enjoy your shopping," she exhaled to Michael and walked towards the stairs.

"Where's Miss Mia Khan?" Valerio asked as Michael followed him outside to the Porsche.

"At the hotel. Getting ready with her mother," Michael replied. Valerio frowned and bit his lip, feeling a twinge of jealousy that Michael seemed to know more about his soon-to-be wife than he did.