Cyo- Gibbs and Jake- NCIS

Jake Malloy paced nervously in his small apartment, the phone clutched tightly in his hand. The room felt suffocating, the walls closing in on him. He'd never imagined it would come to this—the moment when his secret would unravel, leaving devastation in its wake.

Ellie had left for Oklahoma, her heart shattered by the revelation. She'd discovered the truth—the affair that had consumed him, gnawing at his conscience like a relentless predator. Jake's eyes stung as he remembered the look on her face when she caught him with Taylor, the other woman. The guilt had twisted his insides, but he couldn't stop himself. Not then. Not now.

He dialed Gibbs' number, each digit echoing like a death knell. The man on the other end was a force of nature, a protector who brooked no nonsense. Jake knew he was about to face the wrath of a wounded lion.

The phone rang twice before Gibbs answered. His voice was gruff, laced with suspicion. "Malloy."

Jake swallowed hard. "Gibbs, it's Jake. We need to talk."

"Talk?" Gibbs scoffed. "You've got some nerve, son. Ellie's gone, and you think a chat will fix things?"

Jake winced. "I messed up, Gibbs. Big time. I—"

"You think 'messed up' covers it?" Gibbs interrupted. "She loved you, trusted you. And you betrayed her."

"I know," Jake whispered. "But it wasn't just about Taylor. It was—"

"Don't give me excuses," Gibbs snapped. "You're NSA, Jake. You know better than anyone how trust matters. You think I'd let my team down like that? Hell no."

Jake's knuckles turned white as he gripped the phone. "I almost died, Gibbs. That bombing—"

"Almost dying doesn't excuse betrayal," Gibbs cut in. "You think Ellie deserves this pain? She's tougher than you realize, but she's hurting."

"I hate myself for it," Jake confessed. "But I can't change what happened."

"You're damn right," Gibbs growled. "She's in Oklahoma, surrounded by family. You think she'll forgive you?"

Jake's chest tightened. "I don't know. But I need to try."

"Try?" Gibbs scoffed again. "You're a coward, Jake. You hurt her, and now you're running scared."

"I'm not running," Jake insisted. "I want to fix this."

"Fix it?" Gibbs' voice dropped to a dangerous whisper. "You broke her heart. You think a few words will mend it?"

Jake's eyes blurred. "I love her, Gibbs. I never meant—"

"Love?" Gibbs spat the word. "Love doesn't cheat. Love doesn't destroy trust. You're lucky I'm not there, or I'd—"

"What?" Jake challenged. "Beat some sense into me?"

"No," Gibbs said, his tone chilling. "I'd make sure you never hurt her again."

Jake took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry, Gibbs. Truly."

"Sorry doesn't cut it," Gibbs replied. "She's better off without you."

The line went dead, leaving Jake alone with his guilt. He sank onto the bed, staring at the phone. Ellie's face haunted him—the pain etched in her eyes as she walked away. He'd lost her, and no amount of apologies could bring her back.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Jake made a decision. He'd fight for Ellie, even if it meant facing Gibbs' wrath. But deep down, he wondered if their marriage had ever stood a chance. Maybe Gibbs was right—the foundation had been weak from the start.

And so, Jake picked up the phone, dialed Ellie's number, and prayed for forgiveness.