CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THIRTY-FOUR

YOU CAN'T TEACH A WINGLESS OWL TO FLY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU CAN'T TEACH A WINGLESS OWL TO FLY✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Love of my life, don't leave me
You've taken my love, and now desert me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know
What it means to me

Sirius stared blankly into space as music played in the background. In his hand, he cradled a half-empty glass of fire whiskey. The evenings were always the worst. During the day, he could go around pretending that things were normal; most days he could go over to James and Lily's place, attend an Order meeting or spend time with his mates.

Then came the evening when he returned home to his empty flat. Seraphina never officially moved in with him but before she left, she spent more time in his flat than at the Burrow. They were practically living together and Sirius loved every second of it.

He loved waking up during weekends with Seraphina in his arms...

He loved watching her make breakfast — never letting him anywhere near the food since she claimed he would only give her food poisoning...

Most of all, he loved just having her close. Seeing her every day, even if it was only for a few minutes before they both went to bed, had become such an important part of his life that he still didn't know how to properly function without Sera there.

If not for James's constant fretting over his well-being, Sirius probably would have starved himself to death a long time ago; for the first time ever, Sirius understood the annoyance Remus felt when everyone pampered him during the days leading up to and after a full moon.

With Seraphina gone, his friends clearly doubted his ability to function properly. Despite how pitiful he considered his life to be since Sera left him, he did not want anyone else's pity. He didn't want to be treated like a child in the need of constant watching.

A timid knock echoed through the flat, bringing Sirius out of his musings. Sirius's initial thought was to ignore it. Chances were one of his friends — probably James — had arrived to check up on him. He usually stopped by every weekend to hang out which was code for making sure Sirius didn't drink himself to stupor.

However, Sirius knew from experience that James couldn't take a hint. If he didn't open the door, James would definitely throw a fit and Sirius didn't have the energy for another lecture.

He finished his fire-whiskey in one last gulp, not even reacting to the familiar burn that travelled down his throat as he stood up. Placing the glass on the table, Sirius slowly made his way towards the door, now doubting James was the one waiting on the other side — he never knocked like a sane person; his second guess was Remus.