CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THIRTY-SEVEN

WHAT IF THE CHILD IS A CENTAUR?
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

WHAT IF THE CHILD IS A CENTAUR?✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Since the first time Seraphina left the Malfoy Manor after Rhea's birth she'd only done it a handful times. Not only did it scare her to leave Rhea alone in Voldemort's clutches, she also realised that regularly going home would rouse too much suspicion; not to mention it increased the risk of somebody realising what she was doing.

Another reason she hesitated to visit was how difficult it was to leave after the last time she saw Sirius. Simply spending time in the Malfoy Manor and seeing Tom regularly could sometimes seem so ordinary that if she tried, Seraphina could forget the world outside. It was the only way to continue upholding the lie that she'd created for herself.

The moment she stepped outside, however, realisation dawned on her and she remembered what life could have been like. Not to mention the terror caused by those who offered a polite good morning when she arrived for breakfast.

But when Seraphina received a letter from Gringotts concerning her vault — the Weasley one — since she'd received her part of Septimus's inheritance on her twentieth birthday. Apparently her father didn't trust her enough to inherit until she was a few years out of Hogwarts.

That gave her a good reason to venture away from the manor on 30 July to spend a few hours discussing what she wanted to do with the money her father left her. Compared to the Pendragon Vault, it was practically pocket money but because the goblins wanted to make a big deal about pretty much everything, she needed to decide what to do with the vault.

Apparently they didn't like that Seraphina now had two separate vaults under her name and wondered if she'd like to merge them. Something Seraphina saw no point in doing since she found it useful to have a vault other than the ancient one filled with treasures.

By the time Seraphina left Gringotts it was past lunch and she took this opportunity to make a quick visit to the Burrow. Per usual she was fussed over and interrogated by Molly and barely managed to pry herself free from the boys. Seraphina then found herself outside Sirius's flat. Lying to him about this may be one of the most difficult things she'd ever had to do, but being apart from him was killing her.

Sirius opened the door shortly after Seraphina knocked, holding his wand in a tight grip. Though relief washed over his face, he didn't relax completely yet. "Bowtruckle — you know — I'm starting to regret this code word-"

Seraphina was cut off when Sirius grabbed ahold of either side of her and brought her into a kiss. The red head didn't hesitate to return the kiss with equal fervour, hands fisting in his dark blue shirt to bring him closer. Stepping into the apartment, Seraphina kicked the door shut behind them with the heel of her booth.