49 || tryouts

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"𝙞 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙚,
𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩
𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩
𝙞 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙗 𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙩
𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚, 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧"
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Theo was pacing around Vera's dorm room, ignoring her scolding for attempting to skip breakfast.

"Sit down." Vera said sternly. The boy did as she said but continued to anxiously tap his foot and his fingers.

"I haven't practiced all summer!" Theo groaned, burying his head in his hands.

"For obvious reasons!" She sighed. "Theo, quit worrying." Vera whispered. "Come on, let's go to breakfast."

"No, no, I'm not hungry. You go ahead, darling." He said hurriedly, not even looking at her.

Vera rolled her eyes. "How the tables have turned," she laughed, before catching a glimpse of Theo's narrowed eyes. "Listen, let's go to breakfast and we can eat something together."

Theo's eyes widened and suddenly, the thought of his girlfriend eating a real meal for once overpowered his anxious thoughts. "Fine," He grumbled, following Vera out of the door.

At the table, Vera piled food onto his plate, which despite his reluctance, he began eating. Theo stabbed his fork into a sausage while Vera nibbled on a piece of toast with jam.

"Teddy," Vera said after she had finished the toast. "You are the best Chaser I know and you are so talented. They'd be stupid to not put you on the team."

Theo didn't say anything at first, just snaking his arm around her waist and kissing her cheek. "Thanks, Veve." he whispered.

"Wow." Blaise scoffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "Best Chaser you know?"

"Don't get jealous, Blaisey." Vera laughed, placing a hand on Theo's chest. "You're the runner up."

"Biased..." Blaise said in a sing-song voice.

"Sure," Vera smirked, nodding along. She raised the eyebrows as she scanned the Slytherin table. It was all people who wanted to try out, plus people who wanted to watch tryouts. "Hey, where's Draco?"

Blaise rolled his eyes. "That bastard isn't even showing up. He says that he's guaranteed a spot and that they are just looking for backup Seekers today."

Theo's head snapped up with interest. "I heard Harper and the younger Higgs are going out for Seeker."

Blaise tutted, moving stuff around on his plate. "It's gotta be Harper. I mean, Higgs hasn't got half the talent his brother had and even then it's not like his brother was Viktor Krum."

Theo nodded, sipping on his pumpkin juice. "You know, that's exactly what I thought."

"Alright boys," Vera interjected, rising from her seat at the table after seeing everyone else do the same. "You guys got this, alright?"

Blaise nodded at her, flashing her a brilliant smile as he summoned his broomstick and began following the small crowd. Theo held back, still nervous, but a bit more confident now. "You really think I can do it?" He asked quietly, tapping his fingers.