51.

Author's narrative

Amayra was sitting inside her classroom and making notes while Veer was teaching the class. It was still very weird for her to believe that he was her cousin.

"So students, I have a news for you all." Veer had the undivided attention of the whole room. "We're going on three day camp tomorrow. You'll be able to engage in various activities and adventures as you call it. However, you need to take permission from your guardians."

Amayra was pleasantly surprised and excited about it. She really wished to experience something like this. After the class was over and everyone left the classroom, Amayra went to Veer.

"Sir?" Veer chuckles. "It's Bhaiya for you." Amayra blushed in embarrassment. "Yes, Bhaiya. I want to join the camp." Veer nods. "Yes, it's good for you. You just need Adhiraj Mamu's permission." Amayra nodded, "Will you be there?" Veer smiled. "Samarth will be there too."

After Amayra reached the mansion, she saw everyone sitting in the living room. However, Adhiraj and others were in their offices and workplaces. Therefore, she decided to talk to him in the evening.

Finally, in the evening, it was the time for the dinner and everyone was seated on the dining table. Amayra ate her food slowly and decided to finally speak.

"Papa?"

"Yes Amayra," Adhiraj looks at her.

"We have a camp in school. Can I go?" Adhiraj nodded as he carefully thought about something. In the end, he decided to give her the permission.

"No, you will not." Abhimanyu spoke strictly. Amayra, who was initially happy, was sad. "But why?" Abhimanyu shook his head. "Because it's not safe." Amayra frowned before looking away. "But I want to. Papa said yes." Abhimanyu's gaze hardened. "Just do as I say. We can't risk you for something like this."

"Let her go, Abhimanyu." Adhiraj spoke solemnly, silencing him. "Why can't you just listen? I'm saying this for her own good. A stupid camp will not hinder her safety."

"It's not stupid. I want to go. I'm tired with being in the house all day." Everyone was surprised. She never defied Abhimanyu. "Fine!" Abhimanyu spat harshly. "Do whatever you want! I don't care! Don't come to me running when you get yourself in trouble!" He stormed outside the house.

Amayra teared up at his tone and went away to her bedroom, despite everyone's protests.

"How stupid are they?" Adhiraj rubbed his head. "It's okay, they'll learn. It was bound to happen. They are both stubborn," Prithviraj says with a shake of his head.

It was night time and Amayra had already packed her backpack for her camp. She wasn't going to not go. She was almost asleep when Abhimanyu entered her room. She woke up with a startle and looked at him.

His eyes were red, his hairs messy. He was stumbling and making his way towards her. She backed away, scared of his demeanor.

"B-Bhai?" Abhimanyu pulled her to himself and held her tightly. However, the way he was responding and his hold didn't seem right to her. She was feeling uncomfortable.

"Bhai, you're drunk." Her eyes were full of tears. "Please leave me." Abhimanyu however looked at her. Even the way he looked at her was making her uncomfortable.

"Please leave me Bhai. What are you doing?" Abhimanyu kissed her forehead. She struggled to get herself free from his grip. Seeing no way, she bit his hand hard and ran out of the room, locking it behind her.

Abhimanyu slammed the door from the other side and screamed. "Open it! I'm telling you, you'll regret it once I'm out!"

Amayra bursts into sobs and spent the rest of the night in the living room. The next day, without anyone noticing, she crept back to her room. As she suspected, Abhimanyu was fast asleep.

She couldn't believe her own brother, not anyone else but Abhimanyu did that to her. She decided to get ready and leave for her camp as soon as possible. She won't stay here any longer, at least for now.

The sun was shining brightly as Amayra and her classmates arrived at the Frosty Wood Camp. Excitement buzzed in the air as they unloaded their bags and gathered in a circle."Welcome to the Camp!" Mr. Samarth  said with a big smile.

Amayra decided to forget everything and enjoy. She decided to give Abhimanyu a chance to explain himself before reaching to any conclusions.

"We have lots of fun activities planned for you." Angel looked at Amayra with excited eyes. "I can't wait to explore the woods and see the river!"

Amayra nodded smilingly. "Me too! Let's go." After setting up their tents, the campers headed to the river for swimming. The water was cool and refreshing. Amayra was happy to be there, as it was the first time she was doing something like this.

Angel splashed Amayra, and they both giggled like little girls. "Hey, watch out!" Amayra laughed, splashing back the water at Angel.

Veer was genuinely happy to see Amayra enjoying herself, not maintaining her introverted and timid personality.

Later that evening, everyone gathered around the campfire. People were dancing, singing songs, looking very happy and cheerful.

"Myra?" She hummed. "This is for you." Angel forwarded her a beautiful handmade bracelet. "This is a twinning one. For our friendship." Amayra felt her heart warming. "Thankyou Angel." She slid the bracelet into her hand and admired it. Angel wore an identical one.

                             It's been two days since Amayra was in her camp whereas Adhiraj had no idea where Abhimanyu went. He has been missing since the day Amayra went away. He tried contacting him, but was answered with a dead end.

Adhiraj was working in his office when he got a phone call. Listening the person on the other side, the color drained from his face as he stood up from his chair and dashed away from the cabin. The others looked at each other and decided to follow him.

Adhiraj drove like a maniac, breaking all the speed limits to reach his destination, his mind clouded with fear and fury. He gripped the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

He was not going to spare anyone.