5.

Author's narrative

Author's narrative

Amayra walks out of her room, adjusting her dupatta, wearing a beautiful white Anarkali suit, that was gifted to her by her father, and makes her way down the steps to reach the huge living space. Today, she could see all of her brothers present there.

She almost forgot their names.

Aarav. Arhaan. The two twin duo. Vivaan. Vihaan. Karan. Rishabh. Dhruv. Vikram. Veer. Siddharth. Reyansh-Rishi.

But only one person was missing. The eldest one. And the one for whose absence she was grateful for.

But we all know that little part of our mind right? It doesn't stop wanting the forbidden.

She started by following the rituals, making a rice flour seat with her hands with the help of Zaira because of her leg problems, and lit a diya facing the south direction. She completed the tilak ceremony and then tied the mauli thread on their wrists.

"Myra come here, they've got gifts for you." Swati called out. Amayra slowly moved towards them, who were, for once, obediently standing beside each other with different expressions. Smiles, tears, excitement, hope.

"We've got you a pendant." Those were the words she heard from her youngest brothers, the twins. They flew back from abroad to attend the festival, taking leave from their university. Yes, they were abroad to complete their advanced courses.

As a jewelry designer herself, she knew that the piece in front of her costed no less than at least a Lakh. She tenderly picked up the piece and traced it lightly, her heart soaring at the sight of the beautiful butterfly pendant.

"I guess this probably wouldn't be as expensive as the others would give you, but I hope you'll like it Amayra. We both have bought it from our own money." Her eyes welled up as Ahaan whispered those words for only her to hear. She could hear a little pride in his voice and the trust, trust that she'd definitely appreciate their gift. Needless to say, she did.

"I-it's very pretty Bhaiya. Thankyou. I wish I could hug you." Ahaan's face saddens as he hears her, but he gave her a soft smile to assure her. Armaan also smiled at her, glad that she was at least opening up.

"They were out of ideas there Amayra. So they paired up to come up with a gift," Swati chuckles lightly. Aarav and his all-time-partner Vivaan were the next. The chaotic duo. They gave her a Chanel bag, and she was surprised that they observed her lack of a lady-like bag.

She almost chuckled at their thoughtfulness. And boy was the bag expensive. It was. Very.

The next pair of twins came forward, and by the time she got their gifts, she ended up with a mini Apple store.

Sameer, just like old times, got her a big chocolate bar. Dhruv and Vikram, the brothers from different mothers, gave her a pair of watches, both embedded with diamonds.