The "Beach"

Me and Justin walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Hey scooter and usher.” Justin greeted them. They mumbled a hi back and went back to what they were doing which I assume was work.

“I’m bored.” I said resting my cheeks on my hands.

“Me too, I had an idea earlier but you just had to make a smart comment.”  I laughed

“Well let’s hear it now.”

“Want to go watch the sunset on the beach?” he asked me looking into my eyes.

I couldn’t help it, I busted out laughing.

“Sorry.” I laughed some more and he just gave me a bored expression. “Sorry but that sound really sketchy. But yes I would love to.” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“AWWWWWWW!” I heard from usher and scooter. I blushed and Justin just rolled his eyes and took my hand and led me out the door.

We hopped in the SUV and drove to the beach, wait beach? The ocean is like 5 hours away…

“Ahh Justin? Where is there a beach around here?” he laughed

“We are going to a beach on a lake.” He glanced at me then back on the road. It was silent for a while.

“Question.” I said.

“Shoot.”

“Why do you drive yourself around? Don’t you have people for that?” I ask him.

“I like driving it makes me feel normal, like I can go anywhere. I hate having people do stuff for me.” He said plain and simple.

“You like driving?”

“Yeah, I don’t get to do it much so when I get the chance I drive myself places.” He said shrugging. “The only time I ever drive is when I’m with you or not working. My mom insists on someone else driving when I’m working cause of all the fans, paparazzi and chaos.”

“Oh.” I said.

We pulled up onto a gravel road then turned into a parking lot. Justin shut the car off and got out, and so did I. He went around to the back of the SUV and pulled out a blanket and a basket.

I smiled at him.

“You had this all planned out didn’t you?” I asked him.

He smirked. “Maybe. Let’s go.” He said grabbing my hand leading the way.

He led me onto a sand path and then it came up to a beach on the lake where you could see the sun clearly.

“This is perfect” I told him. “How do you find all of these perfect spots?” he laughed.

“When I first moved here, and I wasn’t doing much for my career, so I roamed around a lot.” He said shrugging.

“Hmm, interesting.” I said softly walking towards the beach. I walked to the water and took my shoes off and walk around.

I heard a throat clear behind me. I turned around, and saw that Justin has set up the blanket and put the food out. He was laying on the blanket and he waved me over.

I picked up my shoes and ran over to him. I smiled at him and he patted a spot on the blanket next to him. I sat down next to him.

“Look.” He said and pointed at the now setting sun.

It was breath taking. You could see the entire sun from here. It was amazing.

“Wow” I half whispered.