Guilt

JUSTINS POV

I couldn’t sleep that night, I felt horrible for a number of things. One, for blaming Abbie, and two, I almost cheated on Nicole. What is going on with me?

I looked at my alarm clock next to me, 5:59. I was waiting for it to go off when it hit 6:00.

BEEP BEEP

“There we go” I said to myself. I slammed the off bottom and took a deep breath. I was exhausted. I should have at least tried to go to bed. But how could I when I felt this bad?

“Justin, Hun.” Said a voice from the door way. It was my mother.

“Yeah mom?”

“You have a studio sesh at 8. Better get up and moving if you want breakfast.” She said and with that she left my large room.

I grumbled and threw my face in the pillow. Why, why me? She had to come into my life and make it so damn complicated.

But she’s so perfect a voice said in my head and I could do anything more than agree with that statement.

Love, can’t live without it, and live with it.

I finally got myself to take a shower and get dressed. I jogged down the stairs into the kitchen.

“Whatcha making?” I said walking up behind my mother take the yummy smell of the bacon sizzling in the frying pan.

“Breakfast, are you hungry?” she said as I took a seat at the bar.

“Yeah.” I said resting my head in my palm.

“What’s wrong hunny?” she said giving me a plate with eggs and bacon.

“I didn’t sleep good last night.” I said biting into a piece of toast.

“And why is that?” she said pouring herself a cup of coffee.

“I screwed up.”

She gave me a confused look.

“I almost kissed Abbie last night.”

She almost choked on her coffee when I said that.

“Excuse me?” she said suddenly angry at me.

My eyes went wide. “I don’t know what happened, it’s just, I don’t know. I got caught up in the moment.”

She shook her head at me. “I thought you really liked Nicole? I really like Nicole!” She exasperated.

I sighed. “I do like her.”

She shook her head again. “You have to tell her.”

“What? No!” I yelled.

She raised her eyebrows at me. “What? No, you will tell that girl or I will tell her myself.”

“Why do I have to tell her, the kiss didn’t happen?”

“Justin.” She said walking around the island and sitting down next to me. “A relationship is about honesty, about telling each other everything. You have to tell her, it wouldn’t be fair to her if you didn’t. Tell me, if she almost kissed a boy behind your back would you want to know?”

I bit my lip. “Yeah but-”

“No but’s. Tell her.” She said and got up and walked out of the kitchen.  A second later she popped her head back in.

“Remember you have a studio sesh at 8 today.” She said then walked out again.

I looked at the clock, 6:30.