Home Bound

“Are you sure you want to go?” Usher asked me for the millionth time.

“Yeah, I’m sure and I’ll be back in a week no big deal” I said grabbing my backpack, and pillow pet on the neatly made bed.

“I know, I know. I’m just scared for you to fly alone.”

“I have done it before Ush, I promise you there is nothing to worry about.” I said and gave him a reassuring smile.

“Ok” he said smiling and warping me up in a hug. “Lets go.” He said and grabbed the keys off the counter when we reached the kitchen.

“Wait your bringing me?” I asked him.

“Uh, yeah, who else would?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know I just thought you had other things to do.”

“You’re my number one priority right now Nicky. Your mom left me in charge of you and that’s what I intend to do, is take care of you.”

I smiled at him. “Thank you.” I said and hugged him again.

“I love you.” He said and kissed the top of my head.

Usher is like my dad, I love him to death.

I sat on the first class airplane seat waiting to land in California.

I know that going back home for a week will clear my mind and give both me and Justin time to think.  Plus I miss my mom and my friends so much.

Once we landed I grabbed my luggage and looked for my mom.

“Nicky, Nicky!” my mom screamed through the airport.

I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug.

“I missed you so much!” I said when we pulled apart.

“I did to Hun.” She said and put a arm around me and we started walking for the door. “And guess what.” She said.

“What?”

“I got the whole day today and tomorrow for you.” She said excitedly.

“That’s great!” I said. I’m so happy that I can spend some good time with my mom since I’m only here for a week.

Once we reached home I walked upstairs and into my bedroom, lazily throwing my stuff on my bed.

“So what do you want to do?” my mother asked, standing in the door way.

“Umm can we go out to dinner?” I said after my stomach growled.

She laughed at me. “Of course we can sweetie. Let me go grab my purse. Meet you down stairs.” She said and took off towards her bedroom.

I opened up my luggage and changed out of my sweats for my white shorts and a black v-neck. I put on some light makeup and took my hair out of my ponytail and brushed through it.

I took one last look in the mirror before walking down stairs.

“Ready?” my mom asked texting on her phone.

“Yup.” I said popping the P.

“Let’s go then.” She said and threw her phone in her purse before smiling at me.

 “So where are we going exactly?” I asked.

“Oh you know just your favorite restraunt.” She said glancing at me before looking back at the road.

“We are going to Olive Garden?” I asked happily.

“Yes!”

“Yay!” I said happily.

“Table for Johnson.” My mother said and smiled at me.

The waiter grabbed two menus. “Right this way.” She said with a smile.

She led us to our table and we sat down.

“Can I get you ladies anything to drink?”

“Water.” Me and my mom said at the same time. We both busted into giggles.

The waiter smiled and nodded, then proceeded to walk away.

“God, I missed you so much.”  My mother said to me.

“I missed you too.” I told her and smiled.

“Goodnight mom, love you.” I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I walked up the tall stair case.

“Goodnight sweet heart.” She called after me.

I smiled and walked into my room.

I felt my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

Where did you go??? Usher said you left to go home?! Is that true!?

I stared at the message. I totally forgot to tell Caitlin that I left for home.

Yes Caitlin I did leave, but I’m coming back in a week. Don’t worry. :)

I send the text back to and hopped in the shower.

I silently sang titanium to myself. I washed off all the gross gunk from the long plane ride.

When I was done with my shower I hopped into bed. My phone buzzed again.

Oh, thank god. I thought you just up and left me. What are you doing back home?

I just miss my mom and my old friends.

Yeah, right. And that’s all? Does this have anything to do with Justin?

I sighed, how did she know me so well?

Maybe…

Maybe, as in yes.

Ok fine, I just thought sense he needed so called “time to think” that it would be good to give me and me space.

I see, I see. Well it’s working. Did you even tell Justin that you left?

No why?

Well he came over here earlier worried that you left and that you are never coming back.

I rolled my eyes. He’s always so dramatic.

Course.

He really cares about you. Have you even talked to you sense the beach?

No. well kind of he came upstairs the other day but I uh, slammed the door in his face.

Why? Why did you do that Nicky? He really likes you.

If he really likes me then why does he need time to think when Abbie came back and apologized? Huh? It because he wants to get back together with her, now if you have any other reason then I’m done. The last thing I need it to be cheated on again. Remember?

Yeah I know and I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bring up the past, but it just doesn’t sound like him. I see the way he looks at you. It just doesn’t make sense.

Yeah tell me about it. Look I need to go to bed. I’m tired, I text you tomorrow. Love ya xxx :)

Alright, night. love ya too xxx :)

I yawned signaling that it’s time for bed. I turned off my lamp and drifted off into a deep sleep.

.

.

.

 Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and on twitter @ButterCupSeven