Looking.

“Bye hunny, I was fun while it lasted.” My mom said to me when we got to the front door.

“Mom you know I don’t want to go but I have too.”

“I know, I know. But it seems like you just got here.” She said to me with a tear rolling down her face.

“I know mom. I’m sorry, but even though we are fighting, he’s still my friend, and they need my help.” I said with tears rolling down my face. I feel so bad for leaving here I haven’t seen her in like a month and when I finally get to see her, 3 days later I have to leave, this sucks.

“I know, and I’m so proud of you for being such a good friend. And I’m happy that you met new friends over there.”

“Nicky, we got to go.” Caitlin said popping her head through the front door.

“Ok, well I’ll call you when we land.” I told her and gave her a hug.

“Ok bye hunny. Have a safe flight. I love you.”

“I love you too mommy.” I said and pulled out of the hug. “Bye mom.” I walked out the front door and waved goodbye before getting in Ryan’s rental car.

“I’m sorry Nicole, but we need help.” He said with a sympathetic face.

“I know, I know.” I whispered and looked out the window.

The car ride to the airport was really quiet after that.

When we finally got back to Atlanta we all pulled up into ushers drive way and went inside.

It was a zoo inside the house. There was about 20 cops and 4 investigators.

“Hey Nicky.” Usher said bringing me in for a hug. “Your mom called me, I’m so glad you are ok.”

“I have heard that once or twice.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Crabby much?” usher said to me.

“Sorry, long flight and too many security for one day.” I said looking around at all the cops and commotion.

Usher looked around and sighed. “I can’t believe he ran away. How could things be so bad for him to run away? His life is perfect.”

“How long have they all been here?” I said my voice a little shaky. I looked around again. 

“Like midnight this morning.” He said shaking his head.

“Have you tried calling him?” I asked.

Usher looked at me like I was stupid. “I’ve tried, like 20 million times, along with Pattie.” His phone died about 2am this morning.”

“Did he take his car?” I asked

“No, I swear the cops looked everywhere.”

“Well I’m here to help.” I said. “Why don’t you let me go look with the car.” I said putting my hand out.

“Yeah, good luck”

“Usher, it’s worth a try.”

He looked at me for a few moments then dug into his pocket and produced the keys to his SUV. He put them in my hand.

“Be careful, do you understand me?”

“Got it.” I turned and walked outside to the garages.

I hopped in the driver seat and pull out and onto the street. I drove past Justin’s house and saw some cop cars in the drive way.

“God, I hope your ok Justin.” I whispered to myself.

After about an hour of looking at all of the shops in town and the recording studio I was starting to give up.

I decided that some coffee would help me think and wake me up a bit. It was already 6 o’clock and I don’t know where else to look. I walked into the coffee shop and ordered a mocha coffee. I sat down in one of the booths and pulled out my phone and sent usher a text saying I was ok and I haven’t found anything yet but I’m still going to look.

I sighed and began to look through my pictures. I found some of me and Justin on our movie day last Sunday and then some of the beach, where you know what happened. I cringed at the thought of me and Justin arguing.

Then I came across something.

That’s it, the waterfall. It all makes sense now, I remember how the waterfall was off into the woods and it wasn’t on a path. That’s why no one has found him.

I quickly got up from my spot and back into the SUV. I turned the ignition and drove off.

Once I reached the dirt parking lot I had this feeling like I was in the right spot. So I jumped out of the car and started on the pathway. It must have rained here recently because the ground was muddy and you could easily see foot prints. I followed them on the path until the footprints stopped.

I stopped in the middle of my tracks and looked around me. I saw that they continued but in a different direction off onto the non path way.

“Perfect.” I whispered to myself.

I started to follow the foot prints until I saw the waterfall. I carefully walked towards the fall. I saw a blanket and saw someone sitting with their knees up and their arms wrapped around them.

I started to walk towards him but then I stopped and started to turn around.

No, Nicole, enough running away from your problems.

I turned around and walk over to him.

“Justin!” I yelled.

I could tell that he had to clue I was there cause he jumped about 4 feet and scared the crap out of him.

“Nicole? W-w-what are you doing here?” he asked shocked. “Aren’t you suppose to be with your mom?” he asked standing up.

“I was until Ryan came to me and said that you were missing.” I said crossing my arms. “I have been looking for you for an hour and a half. What the hell were you thinking Justin?” I asked sternly.

“I was thinking I was jerk to you and I needed time to be by myself.” He said walking toward me and shoving his hands in his pocket.

I sucked in a deep breath.

“I’m sorry.” He said with puppy eyes.

I shook my head. “I don’t want to talk about this now.” I looked at him. “I’m just glad you’re ok.” I said and hugged him.

He hugged back and whispered in my ear. “You look beautiful.”

I pulled out of the hug with my face burning. I smiled at him.

“Let’s get you home.” I said and we started to walk toward the SUV.

.

.

.

Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and on twitter @ButterCupSeven