Shocked

“So doctor says that it’s just a sprain. You should be alright.” Justin said coming into my room with some ice wrapped up in a paper towel.

I kept quiet and just nodded my head.

“Are you alright?” Justin asked as he asked gazing into my eyes.

I nodded.

Unconvincingly he sighed and sat down on the bed next to me. I told the guys what happened on the way to the hospital, and I have been quiet ever since then. There not much left to say, I have no clue what to do anymore. I mean you can’t give them what they want so what do you do?

“I’m sorry you had to go through that, I knew we shouldn’t have done it. I didn’t want you to get hurt at all.” Justin said grabbing my hand that lay on the neatly made bed.

“It’s fine.” I said quietly.

He just looked at me. “Well I suppose you’re tired, I’ll let you get to sleep.” He said and got from the bed, he was careful not to bump my now slightly swollen ankle.

“Night beautiful.” Justin said leaning down and giving me a kiss. “Everything is going to be alright.” He whispered in my ear.

I gave him a soft smile. “Thank you for everything.” I told him.

“You’re welcome. Get some rest.” He said and kissed me again but on the forehead this time. He started towards the door and walked out but not before he flipped off the lights and gave me a small smile.

I took a deep breath before I turned on my side and drifted off into a deep sleep.

JUSTIN’S POV

I shut the door of Nicole’s room and took a deep breath. I walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

Usher and scooter were drinking some scotch.

“She wasn’t supposed to get hurt.” Usher said in a groggy voice.

“What do we do now?” Scooter asked.

“I don’t know.” I told them.

“Want some?” Usher said passing me the bottle.

I shook my head. “No thanks.” I said and grabbed the bottle. I walked to the other counter and popped the plug back on the bottle, I threw it up on the upper shelve. They don’t need anymore.

“Hey, what are you doing with that I’m not done.” Usher said and put his head on the cold counter.

“Go to bed Ush, you need sleep.” I told him. “I got to get home; I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

“Eyy, want to drive me home?” Scooter said as I started towards the front door.

I look back at him and rubbed my hands over my face. I sighed.

“I guess.”

“Awesome.” Scooter said. He started too walked towards the door too.

Almost falling over in the process, we finally made it to the car.

I zoomed out of the drive way. I dropped scooter off at his house and then drove home. I pulled up in my drive way and hopped out of my car.

“How the girl.” A voice came from the bushes.

I looked around, confused.

I swallowed hard.

“What?” I said my voice shaking.

A girl came out of the bushes. Its dark and I can’t see her.

“How’s her ankle.” She said again.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Oh sorry.” She said and walked to the garage so the sensor lights could come on.

I put my arm over my eyes shielding them from the bright light. When my eyes adjusted I pulled my arm away.

I sighed. “What are you doing here Abbie?” I said and crossed my arms.

She looked at me. “I was just wondering how Nicole was doing.

I furrowed my eyes. “Um how do you know that she was hurt?”

“I was at the hospital tonight.”

“Why?”

“Uhh.” She said and looked away from me.

I walked up to her. “Abbie why were you at the hospital?” I asked her again. “In what part of this whole thing do you have part in?”

She looked at me with a confused face. “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb Abbie.” I said raising my voice.

“I’m not playing dumb, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She said also raising her voice.

“Stop with the games Abbie.”

“Justin seriously, I don’t know!” she yelled.

“Oh so you don’t know that Nicole sprained her ankle? I know you had part in this, why else would you be here?” I move closer to her.

She nodded her head but no in the agreement. “What to know why I was at the hospital, Justin?”  She said also moving closer to me.

“Yeah!” I yelled.

“My mom has cancer!!” she yelled in my face.

My face fell instantly. I back up from her. I looked at her face. There were tears falling down her cheeks.

“W-what?”

She sniffled and rubbed some tears off her face. She turned away from me.

I had no clue what to do, so I just hugged her. I know she was shocked her a first cause she was very stiff. Then she loosened up a bit and hugged back.

“When did this happen?”

“A couple days after we talked that one day, it was part of the reason I gave the picture back.” She said and pulled away.

“Oh.” I said, that’s all I could say. I felt horrible. “I’m sorry for blaming you.”

“It’s fine. But I should probably be getting home.” She said.

“Uh, hey do you need a ride home?”

“No its fine, it’s just down the road. But thanks anyway.” She said and started down the driveway.

“It wasn’t a question.” I said running up to her and pulling her in the car.

“Are you sure its late and you’re probably tired.” She said.

“It’s fine, I offered.” I told her starting the engine.

“Ok then” she said and pulled on her seat belt.

On the way home I told her what has been happening with Nicole and TJ.

“Sounds ruff.” She said.

“Yeah, I know.” I said as we pulled up in her drive way.

“Um thanks for the ride.” She said giving me a small smile.

“No problem. Sorry again for earlier.”

“It’s fine, you didn’t know.”

“I know but I shouldn’t have blamed you.”

She grabbed my arm. “I told you it’s fine.”

I looked at her light brown eyes, I started to lean in.

“Justin.” She said making me stop in my tracks. “I have to go. Thanks for the ride.” She said quickly and got out.

I sat there shocked. What did I just try to do?...

.

.

.

Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and twitter @ButterCupSeven