Running Away From My Problems.

“Hey, Nicky!” Katie said from the bean bag chair in my room.

“Yeah?” I asked looking up from twitter on my apple laptop.

“Want to go to a party tonight?”

“Are you serious, I haven’t gone to a party in ages? Hell yeah I want to go!”

“Awesome we will leave at 9.” She said standing up.

“Where are you going?” I asked with a confused face.

“I have to go home and get ready, duh.” She said grabbing her bag off my bed. “See ya at 9” she said and walked out.

I looked down at my laptop. 6:30 it read. I shut my laptop and walked down stairs.

“No, No I said keep the microphones there we are buying new ones.” My mom yelled into the phone as she walked past me no saying one word.

“Of course.” I whispered to myself. I walked into the kitchen and saw our chef Carrie making dinner.

“Hi, Carrie.” I chirped as I sat down on one of the bat stools.

“Hi Honey! How was your day?”  She asked as she pulled out the bake potatoes from the oven.

“It was good! Me and mom went shopping”

“That’s good.” She said and smiled at me.

“So when will dinner be ready?” I asked politely.

“Hmm, about 10 minutes.” She said and walked out to the grill. She closed the patio door behind her.

I got up and walked over to the door and looked outside. Hmm she was making steak. I’m one happy girl.

I went into the movie room and watched Teen Wolf until dinner was ready.

After dinner and doing dishes after it was 7:30 now. I walked into my bathroom and took a long hot shower.

When I was done with my shower I changed into some athletic shorts and a T-shirt. I blow dried my hair and then proceeded to three barrel my hair. When I was done with all that it was 8:30.

I walked into my closet and pulled out a black short sequenced dress that came about mid thigh. I slipped it on and walked to the shoes part of my closet and pulled out some 2 inch high heels. I walked back into my room and threw the shoes on my bed.

“Knock, Knock.” I  heard from my doorway.

“Yes mom?” I said checking my phone.

“Where are you going looking so fancy?” she asked raising her eyebrow.

“Me and Katie are going to a party.” I said walking into my bathroom.

“I’m sorry, what?” she asked in a sharp tone.

I turned around. “What? I can’t go?”

“Once I get more info about this party then maybe.” She said. “Where is it? Whose party? And when will you be home?”

I sighed. “North side of town, Jakes, and about 3?”

“3? Am? Hell no. 12 Am.”

“2.” I said

“11.” She said

“2.” I said again.

She glared at me. “1 am no exceptions.”

I groaned. “Fine.”

She smiled at me and walked out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and took out my make-up bag from the drawer and put on some light make-up.

I walked back into my room and it was 8:50. Katie should be here in 10 minutes. I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop. I was scrolling through my twitter and something caught my eye.

Justin Bieber followed you

 I froze. I clicked on his name and creped on his twitter.

I read some of his tweets.

I wish you were here. <3

I screwed up big time. </3.  That was tweeted 4 day ago. The day we fought.

I sighed and stared at the tweet.

“Whatcha looking at?” Katie said waltzing into my room. She was wearing a bright pink tight dress that came just below her butt. And some black tall heals.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know we were going to a strip club.” I said my eyes wide. I have never seen Katie dress like this.  

“Hey now.” She said smiling and looking over my shoulder at the computer.

“Missing him?” she asked.

“Umm yeah not exactly. We fought a few days ago, haven’t really talked since. One of the reasons why I’m here.” I said closing my lap top.

“Same old nicky, running away from her problems.” She said sighing and sitting on my bed.

I looked at her with a confused face. “What are you talking about?” I asked her.

“You have a tendency of running away from your problems.” She said and shrugged.

“Oh yeah? Give 3 examples.” I said raising my eyebrows.

“Ok. One, you were never very good on tests so you always came up with excuses of getting out of class to not take your tests.”

“Ok it’s not my fault I’m a bad test taker!”

“Two, you never want to drive so when it was your week to drive us to school you had your mom lend you the driver for school.”

“People are idiots on the road. And I’m tired in the morning.”

“And last but not least. When your dad left you and your mom, you never ever tried to call him or get I contact with him.”

I heart dropped. I can’t believe she would bring that up.

“Excuse me? I can’t believe you just said that.” I said tears forming in my eyes. She looked at me her eyes wide, realizing what she just said.

“I’m sorry Nicky I wasn’t thinking I was just listing examples.” She said standing up.

I shook my head. Why am I crying right now? I was 7 when he left and I have been good ever since. I’m better off without him. I shook it off.

“It’s fine. It happened a long time ago, I’m over it.” I said standing up and putting on my heals. “Let’s go.” I said walking towards the door.

I could tell Katie was hesitant. She shook her head and followed me down stair and out the door. 

.

.

.

Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and on twitter @ButterCupSeven