I Miss You

Nicole’s POV

“Bye Caitlin!” I yelled as I got out of her car

“Bye Nicky!” she said back and waved to me.  

I smiled and waved back as she pulled out of the drive way.

I walked through the front door and towards the kitchen.

“Hey Ush…” I said as I rounded the corner and realized that I was interrupting a conversation.

“Oh…” I said as I saw Justin and Usher talking.

“Uhh, Umm, I’ll just, uh, be up stairs.” I managed to spit out. I turned around and ran up the stairs.

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me.

Awka - Awkward I thought to myself.

I think a bubble bath would be nice right now.

I walked over to the bathroom and turned on the fosset and let the warm water pour into the bathtub.

When the water was filled to the middle top I slowly stepped into the warm water.

I let my whole body relax it the water.

I wonder what Justin was doing here…

No, no Nicole, it doesn’t matter. He’s not worth it.

THE NEXT MORNING

“Nicole. Nicole. NICOLE!”

“Ahhhh!” I screamed and fell out of my bed.

“What!!!” I yelled from the floor.

“Breakfast is ready.” Usher said and walked out of the room like it was no big deal.

He just interrupted my sleeping and didn’t even say sorry! What the hell!?

“Ughhhhh.” I screamed into my pillow that fell down along with me.

“Knock, knock.” A male voice said.

I looked up and say Justin leaning against my door frame.

I quickly shot up from the ground and stomped towards the door and shoved him out of the door way.

“Wait, Nicole.” He said grabbing my hand.

I jerked my arm away and slammed the door in his face.

“Ouch.” He said from outside the door.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom and washed my face.

I walked back into my room and then out into the hallway. Not before making sure there was no Justin. And there wasn’t.

So down the hallway I went.

Once I reached the kitchen I saw Usher, Scooter, Justin, and Pattie sitting at the table eating breakfast.

“Morning” I said and glared at usher.

“Well good morning to you too Ms. Grumpy pants.” Usher said and smiled at me. “Did you sleep well?”

“I was until someone brutally woke me up.” I said while I poured myself a glass of Sweet Tea then proceeded to glare at him again.

He just laughed. “Well it’s not my fault you are a hard sleeper.”

“Rightt.” I said and dished myself up some food and sat down next to Pattie.

She smiled at me and continued to talk work with scooter.

I took a bite of my eggs and caught a glance of Justin who was sitting across from me.

He smiled at me and I just looked down at my food.

He acts like nothing is wrong. Well I’ll tell you one thing Justin you are NOT getting off the hook that easily.

When I finished my food I put the dirty dishes in the sink.

“Hey, Nicky there’s a letter on the counter for you.” Usher told me.

I looked over to the island in the middle of the kitchen and there it was a blue envelope.

I reached out and picked it up and proceeded to ripped it open.

Dear Nicole,

Hunny I miss you soo much, I wish I could see you soon but there is so much here to take care of. With the record label moving and stuff. Every day I go home and wish that you were here with me but I know that you’re better off with usher right now until everything is straightened out with the label. But on the bright side I found a house in Atlanta. It in 2 neighborhoods over of Ushers house. Isn’t that great! Then we could really be a family together and have dinner with him all the time. And on the brighter side, I hired a manager for the label and so I won’t have to be there all the time and I can spend more time with you. And I can be friends with Pattie again. I have missed her very much too. I’m so happy that I will be able to be there for you much more now. I feel like I haven’t been much of a mother to you and I’m going to make it up to you Nicky I promise. Anyway I have missed you so much and I can’t wait to see you soon. I promise I will find time to come visit you soon. I feel like a part of me is missing. I love you so so so much. I hope to see you soon.

Love,

Mom

PS: How’s it going with Justin? ;)      

At the end of reading that letter I was full out bawling. Miss her so much.

“Hey, Hey, what wrong.” Usher said and enloped me into a bear hug.

“I miss her so much.” I sobbed into his shoulder.

“Oh, this must be so hard for you.” He said and pulled me away so I could face him. “But you always have me Nicky, and you know that.”

I smiled at him and let a few more tears fall down my face before whipping them off with my hand. “I know.” I said still smiling at him.

“You also have me Hun.” Pattie said standing up and hugging me.

“Thank you Pattie.” I said hugging back.

I took a peak at Justin who was looking at me sympathetically. I gave him a small smile before taking the letter and myself up stairs. 

.

.

.

Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and on twitter @ButterCupSeven