The After Math

“Want to talk about it?” usher asked me for the 3rd time.

“No.” I said resting my head on the window of the car.

“It’s ok if you do, I’m here to listen.” He said glancing over at me from the driver’s seat.

“What were you thinking? I mean did you have a plan when we got there? Why did you bring me and Justin there in the first place? So I could have a gun pointed at me?” I yelled.

Usher looked at me with guilt. “It wasn’t supposed to happen like this, it was supposed to just scare you, and I didn’t know that they were actually going to hurt you.”

I shook my head. “I trusted you, I trusted Justin!”

He suddenly stopped the car abruptly. “God dammit Nicole!” he yelled, it made me jump. “I am trying my hardest here Nicole, to take care of you! I barely know what I am doing! I was trying to keep you safe.” He paused, from the corner of my eye I saw tear roll down his face. “Tried. I failed you Nicole, and you got hurt. And for that I am so sorry, please, I’m trying here.”

I took a deep breath. “I’m sorry; I’m just still shaken up. It’s not every day you get a gun pointed at you.” I said playing with my fingers.

It was silent for a minute.

“You miss her?” he asked.

I looked up at him sitting across from me.

Tears escaped from my eyes. I nodded.

He sighed. “Your mom will come soon enough.”

“I have never been away from her for so long.” I said looking out the window again.

He nodded. “Let’s go home.” He said putting the car in drive and headed for home.

The Next Morning

Justin’s POV

“Justin! Breakfast!” my mother yelled up the hallway.

It rolled over to get a better view of my alarm clock.

9:00

I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen.

“Morning Honey.” My mom greeted me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I gave her a small smile. “Here you go.” She said putting a plate full of food in front of me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“How ya feeling?” she asked sitting down next to me.

I shrugged. “I’m still single.”

She gave me a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what to tell you anymore, either you need to try harder or, move on. Either way I don’t like to see you so down.” she said putting a hand on my shoulder.

“I don’t think I can move on, she’s so different than anyone I have dated.” I told her.

“Ok honey, you do whatever you have to do to get her back then, cause I hate seeing you down like this.”

“I will, I love you mom.” I said smiling at her.

“Love you too, now I’m going to have some coffee with some friends, so I’ll see you later.” She said getting up and grabbing her purse off of the chair next to me. “Bye” she said giving me a kiss on the cheek, and leaving the room.

I sighed as soon as she left.  I finished my meal and cleaned up the kitchen.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and answer it.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” a girl yelled through the phone, I rolled my eyes once I recognized the voice.

“Caitlin, I don’t need this right now.” I said walked out of the kitchen and up to my room.

“You almost got her killed let alone yourself killed!” she yelled again making me move the phone away from my ear.

“Will you stop screaming? And thanks for pointing out the obvious.” I said as I walked to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a V-neck.

“I just-” she paused. I stopped what I was doing when her voice got serious. “Justin, I am so pissed at you. I almost lost the two people to matter in my life.”

I sighed into the phone. “I’m sorry; I didn’t know that any of this would happen. If I knew it would have happened I would have never brought her there let alone bring myself.”

“I’m still pissed.” She told me a sarcastic tone.

I smiled. “How about I come over and we can spend the day together, I’ll invite Ryan and Chaz too.” I told her.

“That sounds good. Bring you swimsuit.” She said then hung up the phone.

I smiled and changed into the clothes I pulled out. I then want back into my closet and pulled out my swim trunks.

I ran down the stairs and out the door.

“Time to get back to normal.” I told myself at got into my Escalade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Sequel is called live, love laugh and forget (being usher's niece sequel) http://www.wattpad.com/story/11128305  <---- this is the link if you just copy and paste it onto your URL bar then you should be good! :) if you read on your phone then your just going to have to search it! Follow me on instagram @daniellefolk7 and twitter @ButterCupSeven   :) xxx