Much Needed Girls Day

“AHHHHHH” Someone rudely screamed in my ear wakening me up from my peaceful sleeping, I swear to god who ever this is I’m going to hurt them.

I lifted my head up from my pillow only to see my best friend from home.

“Ahhhh, Katie!!!!” I quickly got up from my bed to give her a big bear hug. “I missed you!” I yelled.

She pulled out of the hug. “I missed you too!” she said.

I then remember why I was awake at…I looked at the clock, 6:30!

I smacked Katie upside the head.

“OWWW, what was that for?” she yelled rubbing her head.

“For waking me up at 6:30 in the morning!”

“Well sorry I wanted to see my long lost best friend before school. You know what school is right? Hence you haven’t been to school in like 2 weeks.”

I smirked, she’s right I have gotten out of school ever since I have been living with usher.

“Don’t smirk at me you, brat.” She yelled crossing her arms.

I smirked again.

“Stop it.” She yelled.

“Girls breakfast is ready.” My mother said through the intercoms.

Breakfast…my mom made breakfast…by herself…

“I smell bacon!” Katie yelled and stormed off towards the kitchen.

I laughed at her, and walked into the bathroom to well you know use the bathroom.

When I was finished I walked down stairs and into the kitchen where I found Katie chowing down on some bacon.

I laughed at her again.

“What are you laughing at?” she said her mouth full of food.

I looked at her in disgust. “Katie, 2 things. One, don’t chew with your mouth open and two, don’t talk with your mouth full.” That earned me a glare from her. I just smiled back at her.

“Nicole, Darling how are you?” I looked up from Katie and saw Katie’s mom standing next to my mom.

“Hi, Alyssa. I’m good how are you?” I asked at she reached in for a hug.

I hugged her back, she like my second mom. “I’m doing good.” She said not really convincing me of that.

“That’s good.” I said back with a fake smile.

Alyssa and my mother continued to talk again and I gave Katie a weird what happened to your mom look.

She looked at me with sympathetic eyes, then got up and pulled me into the living room.

“What happen because she certainly doesn’t look like she’s “doing good”.”  I said make quotation marks with my fingers.

Katie looked at me with sad eyes and walked to the couch and sat down.

I looked at her with a confused face. I proceeded to sit next to her on the couch.

“What happened?” I whispered, rubbing her back.

“Todd left us.” She said and looked at me with her eyes full of tears.

“W-What?” I asked in shock.

Todd with Alyssa’s boyfriend of 10 years. They never really wanted to get married because of Alyssa’s last marriage, but he promised her he would never leave her. They always looked like they were so in love.  I can’t believe he would do that.