Chapter 12

Sarah's POV:

At first I didn't notice Calum walking alone. It took a while before I did. I went to him right after I saw him.

"Why so alone?" I asked. He shrugged and didn't even look at me. Did I do something wrong? Was he mad at me? I didn't want to take any rushed conclusions so I just walked beside him for a while.

"I just haven't talked much to the person I wanted to see the most" He said. Was he talking about me? No he wouldn't say that to me if he was! But did he know I was walking next to him? Maybe he thought it was Febe... After all, he hasn't looked at me yet.

"Maybe we should change that then" I say. He finally looked at me. I could see by his face that he didn't expect me to be the person walking beside him. His cheeks turned red immediately. "Sorry..." He said. He shouldn't be the one saying sorry! I was the one spending more time with the others. I didn't even notice it! How could I not spend more time with the person I missed the most!

"It's ok! I'm sorry I didn't spend more time with you" I said, smiling. That seemed to convince him that everything was okay. He smiled back at me.

"I understand though... I'm not the only one you met that day. I just..."

"You just what?" I asked after a while. I thought he was going to say something but he didn't.

"I- uh... I missed you" he said and he looked away from me. I followed his gaze and noticed he was looking at Luke and Febe. They were both holding hands and I have to say that I was jealous. I wish Calum and I were holding hands too... I looked back at him to see he was still waiting for me to say something.

"I missed you too" I said finally "more than I missed Mikey and Ash" I felt my cheeks heating up as I said this. It was true though! He smiled and then I knew he was satisfied by my answer.

We kept quiet for a while. Just enjoying each others company. We didn't need to talk to be happy. We were already happy to see each other again.

"Is it a big playground? Or just a slide and two swings?" He asked all of the sudden.

"Oh it's a big one!" I said a little too loud. Mikey and Ash looked at us immediately. Michael wiggling his eyebrows. Just then I realised what I said. Oh god that must've sound so bad without context...

"Playground! A big playground! Oh c'mon... Don't always think like that!" Ashton giggled like a girl. His giggle was so contagious! I started laughing too. And Calum just chuckled. I looked at him and he looked back at me, smiling.

"They're always like that..." He said. Kinda... Apologising? He was probably a little embarrassed. I would be too, probably.

"Hey Luke!" Michael yells. Luke and Febe were walking up front. A few metres away from us. He didn't hear it.

"LUKE!" Michael yelled again. A little louder this time.

"WHAT?!?" He yells turning around. Was he angry? Nah... He was probably just enjoying his moment with Feebs.

"Sarah thinks Calum has a big one!" He yelled. When he turned around to look at Calum and me, he had an enormous smirk on his face.

"MICHAEL!" I yell at him. Luke started laughing uncontrollably and Ash giggled again. That giggle of his! Calum ran to Michael and he wanted to run away but was just too late. Calum jumped on top of him and they both fell to the ground. Calum on top.

"Payback Mikey"