Chapter 23

Sarah's POV:

Tomorrow is the day that the boys have to go home. The last few days were, without doubt, the best of my life. There wasn't much time that the four boys didn't spend with us. We did all kinds of things. We went to Antwerp to go sight seeing and ate in my uncle's meat restaurant afterwards. One night we went out in Brussels with my brother because he knows all the places to be since he lives there for college. Let's just say we had enough drinks and barely made it back to the hotel.

*flashback*

As I'm dancing with Febe, a strange boy, early twenties I guess, walks over to us with a drink in each hand.

"Two beautiful ladies like you should not pay for their drinks" I could hear he already had enough drinks himself. I have to say that Febe and I have had a few as well. I'm still able to stand on my feet but it's getting a bit wobbly.

Luke quickly takes place behind Febe, swinging one arm around her waist and glaring at the boy in front of him. If looks could kill...

The boy holds his hands up in surrender, spilling the drinks all over him. I have to do my best to hold back laughter. He smiles at me before stumbling away. I hope he makes it home safely.

As I turn to Febe, she's dancing with Luke, only inches away from eating his face. I decide to give them some privacy and start looking for Calum. There are so many people in here that I still haven't found him after five minutes.

"Looking for someone?" A familiar Australian voice that belongs to very colourful haired boy, asks me. I turn around to see Michael and by the looks of it, he's had enough to drink too.

"I'm looking for Calum" I shout above the music. He frowns for a while, clearly thinking very hard before raising a finger, signalling that he remembers something.

"I saw him at the bar, talking to your brother" He shouts. He then smiles and leaves to God knows where. I start making my way towards the bar and once I get there, I see Calum and Matt, my brother, talking. Looks like they're in a pretty serious conversation. Calum looks my way and our eyes meet, causing for a smile to form on his lips. I can't help but smile too. When Matt notices Calum smiling, he looks in the same direction to see me standing there. He quickly says something to Calum before walking towards me.

"He's a nice guy" He says once he reached me. I look at Calum again to see him finishing his drink. He puts his glass down and stands up, motioning to me that he's going to the loo. By the way he stumbles through the crowd, I know for sure that he also had more than one drink. "He really likes you, you know" My head shoots up to look at Matt. How does he know? "I can tell by the way he talks about you" My facial expressions must have been an open book. "He also told me about Tony" His face turns serious when he mentions my ex's name.

"What did he tell you?" I ask. There's probably not much to tell but I want to know exactly what he said.

"Just that he cheated on you and you broke up with him" He examines my face to see if I have any problems with talking about it. I don't, that's for sure. "And that he already punched his face so I don't have to bother about it anymore" He adds, lightning the mood. I smile at the thought of Tony running away and crying like a baby. "He'll be better for you, sis" I look Matt in the eye as he tells me this. "That, I know for sure" Is it that obvious that we like each other? It probably is...

"Hey, Sarah?" I turn around to see Ashton holding Michael who isn't far from passing out. "I guess it's about time to go to the hotel" He says. I'm happy to see that Ashton isn't that drunk. Febe on the other hand is wasted. If Luke wasn't holding her, she would be laying on the floor by now. Calum returns from the bathroom and quickly makes his way over to us.

"Time to go?" He asks. It comes out more like a slur since the alcohol is effecting his speech. I nod and make my way towards Luke and Febe to tell them. I return with the two of them following closely behind me. I quickly hug my brother before making my way through the big crowd towards the exit. I look back to see Calum and Matt shaking hands. My lipreading skills aren't on point but I think they're saying something like it was nice to meet you. Matt's eyes meet mine and he smiles before turning around and disappear further into the crowd. Calum makes his way over to me, grabs my waist and escorts me out, even though he has more trouble with walking than I do.

*end of flashback*

Let's just say that Febe fell a couple of times while waiting on a taxi, Michael couldn't help but walk from trashcan to trashcan so he wouldn't have to vomit on the street and Calum kept murmuring love confessions to me. He didn't remember and I didn't dare to tell him about it afterwards. We eventually made it back to the hotel safely. After a few struggles with the lift. Febe always found in necessary to push all the buttons. That's ten stops before reaching our floor. But we made it! Just in time for all of us to crash in our beds. What a night!

The day afterwards we didn't do anything since we only woke up at noon, most of us with a terrible hangover. I did have to go home the next day cause my parents went on vacation without me, so I could babysit on the dog. Calum came with me 'cause he really wanted to see my dog again. We walked my dog together, talked about a lot of things and ate the leftovers my mom left for me. Calum was lucky because there was just enough for the two of us. The others said they would come the day afterwards.

Which is exactly what they did today. We weren't really into doing anything so decided to have a movie day/night. It's currently 10pm and we've watched loads of movies. Each could pick a movie in turn which led to a lot of different movies, going from action to chick flicks.

I've been cuddled up to Calum for the entire day. Sometimes my mind trails off to the thought of the guys leaving tomorrow. Australia is so far away and I seriously have no idea how we're going to manage keeping in touch with each other. What if Calum finds someone better than me in his hometown? It would be a lot easier for him to have something with a girl he can see every day. Tears form in my eyes when I think about this. Maybe it's time for us to go there. Maybe I'm ready now. He has glued almost all of my heart back together in the last five days. Especially yesterday. It was almost like a... Date. I feel butterflies in my stomach when memories of yesterday float into my mind. I can't just let him go. I can't risk him giving up on me. It'll hurt more if he does find someone better! But the chance will be smaller that he would. Right? I have to do something. I'll find a way to talk to him without the others around us. I don't know how. Not just yet. But I have to do it. And it must be tonight!

How's that for a quick update?? ;)

I didn't have any homework so I thought it would be nice to give a present to you guys!!

Also I would like thank all of you who are reading the whole story!! I've read through it yesterday and man am I ashamed of the first chapters! It's so bad... But I feel like it's getting better :)

If you liked it: comment, share and vote!! x