Chapter 18

Sarah's POV:

"Sooooo, what's the plan for today?" Michael asked. We've had breakfast all together and finished a few minutes earlier.

"I want to do something fun" I yell from the kitchen. They're all spread across the couches while Febe and I are cleaning the table. Gentlemen...

"Well you're the locals. Tell us what we can do that is fun" Ashton yells back at me. I have to think for a while. There isn't really much to do in this area. I can't imagine the boys wanting to go to a toy museum with loads of toys locked behind glass. I guess we'll have to go somewhere else then...

"We can go to Brussels. That's where your hotel is, right?" There's more to do in Brussels than there is to do here.

"Works for me!" Calum shouts. Febe and I finish up in the kitchen and walk over to the living room.

"Time to get dressed then" I smile at the boys "there's a bathroom upstairs. Just go up the stairs, the door right in front of you is the bathroom" They all go up and I'm happy my parents aren't home cause boy, they can make some noise. Febe and I go to my room to change clothes.

"So, what was that all about?" She questions as I close the door. Turning around, I see her wiggling her eyebrows up and down. I roll my eyes as I chuckle. "Oh, don't role your eyes on me missy, something's going on there which you're not telling me!" I place one finger on my lips, telling her to be quiet.

"They can hear us if you talk that loud!" I whisper shout.

"That still doesn't mean that I don't have the right to know everything!" She whisper shouts back at me.

"There's nothing to know. I know as little as you do" I try to keep my voice down. Sometimes I really hate these thin walls. Especially when my brother brings his girlfriend home. I can hear things that I really don't want to hear. Seriously. I wish him all the luck he can get but I do not need to hear it when he gets it. That's just a little bit too much information.

I hear the boys going downstairs again. Peeking through the small gap my door makes while standing open a little bit, I can just see Ashton's blond curls disappearing.

"The bathroom's for you" I tell Febe. She walks past me and opens the door on her right as she enters the lavatory. I quickly grab my outfit for the day, put it on and make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. To my surprise, Febe isn't alone in there. Apparently Luke stayed behind and I can tell that they aren't brushing any teeth. Unless if they're doing it with each other's tongue. Ew. Gross. They pull away as soon as they realise that I'm staring at them in shock.

"I'm sorry! I have too.. I'll just... Go to another- uh- room... Right. Please continue..." I ramble as I close the door and quickly turn around, causing me to bump into a beautifully tanned Australian boy.

"Careful there..." Calum laughs as he tries to walk past me but I block the bathroom door. Probably looking like a starfish plastered against it, my arms and legs spread across the door as far as I can. "What are you doing?" He lifts one eyebrow as he studies my weird actions.

"You can't go in there" I rush the words out of my mouth. I don't know why but the things I just saw caused me to panic.

"Why not?" He crosses his arms over his chest, staring at me in disbelief.

"Cause Luke and Febe are in there" He releases one hand, making a rolling motion with it, signalling me to explain further.

"And?" He asks, probably realising that I wasn't going to say a thing.

"And... They're kissing" His eyes widen as he lets my words sink in. He gently pushes me to the side and opens the door, closing it behind him and opening it again just a few seconds later to leave the two alone again. I look at him, wide-eyed as he holds up a toothbrush.

"Are you serious!" I whisper yell at him, slapping his chest.

"What?" He can't be serious...

"Why did you do that?" He straightens up a bit, rubbing the place where I slapped him.

"I forgot my toothbrush" he says as if it's the most common thing in the world.

"And you couldn't wait until they were done?" He looks at me confused. As if he just saw a ghost. "Ever heard of privacy?" Is he stupid or what? "Okay... Imagine this:" I say as I push him into my room to make sure the new couple can't hear us.

"Sorry babe but I don't go to bed before the second date..." He explains with a smug smile on his face. I glare at him as I close my door. He raises is hands in defence.

"As I was saying, imagine this: we were kissing in a bathroom for the first time" A smirk forms on his lips as I say this. I role my eyes at his behaviour. "All of a sudden your best friend enters the same bathroom to get his stupid toothbrush and leaves afterwards. Do you think that we could just go on like nothing happened? I'm pretty sure it would be awkward as hell!"

"I don't know, why don't we find out" he says, walking closer to me.

"Calum, that's not what I meant" I say nervously as I take a few steps back.

"I do like the sound of it though" his smirk doesn't leave his face as he speaks. "Except for the part where my best friend disturbs us..."

"And that's exactly my point" I say as I bump into the wall behind me.

"Would anyone come into your room?" He asks as he keeps coming closer to me, our bodies almost touching.

"I... I don't think so" I stutter as he leans his hands against the wall, one next to each side of my head.

"Good" he whispers as he leans closer, our foreheads almost touching. I start to breath heavier as he gently strokes my cheek with on of his hands. Leaning even closer, our lips almost touch. I hold my breath as the last inches between us disappear. His soft lips brush against mine and I close my eyes to enjoy this moment. But a strange feeling in my stomach makes me push him back a little.

"Calum..." I let out a breath I didn't realise I was still holding. "I'm not ready for this yet" Yes I am. I want him to kiss me like it was a matter of life or death. I want to let my fingers tug lightly at his hair as he picks me up, swinging my legs around his waist. But I can't. It wouldn't look good since I only dumped Toni yesterday. I don't want him to think I cheated on him. I don't want everyone to think I'm as low as him.

Calum lowers his head, his forehead resting against mine. He let's out a deep sight. "Sorry" he mumbles. I carefully stroke a piece of hair behind his ear as he looks up at me, his eyes staring deeply into mine. My hand rests on his cheek for a while as I smile, trying to make the best out of the situation. Although it's pretty hard to do so in this situation. I gently kiss his cheek before leaving my room and going downstairs to the others. You did the right thing. A voice in my head says. I know I did. It's just too soon to go there. But I can't get the image of his eyes out of my head. I know he understands my decision. I don't doubt that. But there was so much pain in his eyes. He probably waited so long for this moment and now I had to ruin it. Someday I'll make it up to him. Probably soon. Not too soon. But soon.

Please comment vote and share!! <3