02. reunited

My stomach did flips as the drop ship took off, my hands tightening around my seatbelt as my body jolted around. Slamming my eyes shut, I tried my hardest to block out what was truly happening. I knew very well that she could die on the way down to the ground.

Another large jolt shook the ship. The lights flickered and then the power buzzed to life, illuminating the once dark ship.

"What was that?" Octavia asked, barely above a whisper.

"I think it was the atmosphere." I replied, my voice laced with worry.

A voice rang out through the ship, pulling both of our eyes were pulled towards a large TV screen where a speech was being recited by Chancellor Jaha. "Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now. You have been given a second chance. And with this chance, I hope you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed man kind."

I rolled my eyes and turned my head away from the TV. I didn't want to listen to him.

"I'm sure we'll be on the ground soon." I announced, attempting to calm not just the other kids nerves but my own as well.

Yelling from the other side of the drop ship caught my attention, "Spacewalk bandit strikes again! Go Finn!"

I immediately turned my head at the calling of my brother's name. I didn't know Finn had been arrested. Octavia and I had only been allowed very few opportunities to mingle with the other prisoners-and not once did I ever see my brother there.

Octavia let out a cheer of excitement beside me as Finn floated around the ship.

"Finn!" I yelled, hoping to grab his attention, but my calls were drowned out by the rest of the noise.

I pursed my lips and sunk back into my seat, my eyes glued to my brother. I watched as he floated over to a blonde girl and dark skinned boy and began talking to them. I could tell by the boy's face that Finn was pissing him off.

Two other boys to the side of me followed in Finn's footsteps, undoing their seat belts and allowing themselves to float around the ship.

"Hey! You two get back in your seats if you want to live!" The blonde girl yelled.

Before the two boys could decide whether or not they wanted to listen, what i'm guessing was the parachutes on the ship deployed, sending Finn and the other two boys into the wall. The two boys hit some pipes which sent steam and sparks flying.

"Finn!" I shouted trying to push against my seat belt to make sure my brother way okay. Suddenly the ship stopped after a harsh impact. All the machines shut off leaving the ship completely silent.

"Listen." A boy on the other side of me said. "No machine hum."

"Woah." Another boy beside him said in awe. "That's a first." he added.

I wasted no time undoing my seatbelt, all the others doing the same. I rushed over to my brother and the other two boys, the blonde girl doing the same.

"Finn is he breathing?" The girl asked. Finn didn't respond, but instead just stared at the boys.

"You're an idiot." I muttered from behind my brother, which instantly caused him turned around with a shocked look on his face.

"Avery." he whispered, before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Can't believe you got yourself arrested." I laughed slightly, pulling away from my twin.

Finn cracked a small smile. "What can I say."

"The outer door's on the lower level!" someone announced interrupting the moment my brother and I were sharing.

The blonde girl who was still beside Finn gasped as her eyes grew wide. "No! Wait" She yelled as she turned and rushed down the ladder. Finn and I shared a look before deciding to follow after her.

"Stop!" The girl ordered, pushing her way through the crowd. "The air could be toxic."

The guy who was standing at the door looked much older than the rest of the prisoners. He was tall with tanned skin and dark hair that was gelled back neatly.

"If the air's toxic we're all dead anyways." He retorted.

"Bellamy?" Octavia's voice questioned from the back of the crowd. She pushed to the front, pausing for a moment in front of the man by the name of Bellamy.

I gasped, causing Finn and a few others to look over at me, "That's her brother." I explained quietly to my own brother.

"God, look at how big you are." Bellamy whispered as Octavia threw her arms around him.

"What the hell are you wearing? A guards uniform?"  she questioned as she pulled away from her brother.

Bellamy slightly shook his head. "I borrowed it to get on the ship. Someone's got to keep an eye on you." He explained, cracking a smile.

"Where's your wristband." The blonde inquired, interrupting their reunion.

"Do you mind?" Octavia snapped. "I haven't seen my brother in a year."

"Nobody has a brother!" someone protested. I let out a small grunt as if to say 'yeah right.' Finn looked over at me and laughed slightly before throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"That's Octavia Blake! The girl they found hidden in the floor! I wonder if her freak friend is here too" Someone in the crowd snickered.

I looked down at my feet, resisting the urge to say something, "You're not a freak." Finn promised. I just shook my head, directing it back to the front of the ship where Octavia lunged towards the crowd. Bellamy reached out, catching her arm and pulled her back before she could do anything.

"Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by." Bellamy offered.

"Yeah? Like what." my best friend snickered.

A smile spread onto Bellamy's face. "Like being the first person on Earth in 100 years." As soon as the words left his mouth, her turned and pulled a lever. Smoke gushed from the doors as the fell open. A bright white light filled the room. I held up my hand in attempt to shield my eyes from the sun.

I stood at the door beside my brother and Bellamy, everyone watching as Octavia slowly walked down the ramp. As she reached the end she paused for a moment before she jumped onto the Earth.

"We're back bitches!" Octavia yelled throwing her arms up.

Cheers erupted around me as a wide smile spread onto my face.

"Come on." Finn encouraged pulling me off of the ship.

As soon as my feet hit the ground, I let out a small laugh. Taking in the new scenery. I took a deep breath, taking in the fresh air.

"Beautiful." I mumbled glancing around at all the trees.

I looked over to my brother, who's eyes were following the blonde girl from before who was now headed into the forest.

"Who is she?" I asked.

Finn turned to look at me, his cheeks turning pink. "Clarke."

The name triggered something in my memory. "Clarke Griffin?"

Finn shrugged before he set off after the girl. I watched him follow her.

Clarke Griffin, the daughter of Abby Griffin, also known as the doctor who saved both Finn and my lives, as well as our parents when we were still babies. Abby was the doctor in charge of our mother's pregnancy. When Abby found out our mom was to deliver twins she kept it a secret. She even helped birth us and made sure I received my check ups and medicine, even while I was in hiding.

"Stop thinking so much we're on Earth!" I was startled from my thoughts by Octavia who now stood beside me.

"Sorry, I'm just-"

"Overthinking things like usual." Octavia said finishing my sentence.

I laughed and let out a sigh. "So this is Earth." I whispered looking around at the teenagers who ran around taking in the new sights.

"This is Earth."