34. come home

"Where are you guys? I thought you said you were heading West?" Monty's slightly unnerved voice came through the radio that was clutched in Bellamy's hand.

Bellamy brought the device up to his mouth, his eyes darting around as he spoke quietly, "Just keep the moon on your left and you'll find us."

My hands were shaking as I readjusted my grip on the gun in my hands. After I had informed Bellamy about Finn, Clarke and Myles' failure to return to camp, a group of us including Raven, Octavia, and Monty had set back out in search of the trio. It was more dangerous than before due to the lack of light but we all knew we needed to find them as soon as possible. If the Grounders were willing to torture Murphy and I before we were even at war, there was no telling what they would do to my brother and our friends.

I moved closer to Bellamy as an odd sound began emitting from the radio. "Is anyone else hearing the signal?" Monty asked, clearly on edge.

"Just keep your eyes open" Raven instructed over the walkie her and Octavia had taken with them.

"I think it's the same thing we heard in the blackbox." Monty continued pushing, trying to bring concern upon the rest of us.

Bellamy quickly rose the walkie to his mouth, "Damnit Monty, pay attention."

I looked over at Bellamy, taking a moment to listen to the signal Monty was on about. "Bellamy, Monty's right, there's something off about it."

Bellamy glanced at me, "It's nothing." he dismissed before brining the walkie back to his lips, "Monty, do you see anything? Report."

Bellamy received no answer from Monty, only an increase in volume of the signal came through the small radio.

Raven's voice came through next, low and urgent, "There's someone in the bushes."

I was practically on top of Bellamy as the two of us moved towards the bushes Raven was referring to. The girls and us had not strayed too far from each other meaning we were in close parameters to the bush in question.

"Stay behind me." Bellamy instructed as he raised his gun, slowly inching towards the bush. I did as he said with no arguments. Pure fear surged through my blood as I layed eyes on Raven and Octavia who approached the bush with their guns raised.

As Raven pulled back the greenery she let out a gasp, "Myles?"

Bellamy and I shared a look before rushing forward to see Myles laying on the ground, a arrow sticking from his chest.

I gasped as I fell to my knees beside the boy, instantly tearing a piece from my shirt to wrap around his wound, "Where are they Myles?" I asked as I secured the bandage, "Where's my brother?"

Myles gasped in pain as he looked up with tired eyes. He open his mouth to speak but only ragged breaths came out.

"Myles please." I begged, my hands now shaking and covered in his blood as I raised them to brush a stray piece of hair from my face.

Myles forced out a breath as he closed his eyes, "G-Grounders."

All of my fears were confirmed as the words left his mouth. I fell back from my position on my knees, landing in a sitting position. I dropped my head into my hands as tears filled my eyes.

Octavia knelt down beside Myles and I, looking over to me with a sympathy filled look before diverting her attention back to Myles.

Raven's voice was shaky as she spoke, "We need to make a stretcher" she announced before walking away to find the material we would need.

I looked up when I felt Bellamy place his jacket over my shoulders, "Avery we need to go, we have to get Myles back to camp."

I wiped the tears from my eyes, pushing myself onto my feet, "I'm staying out here" I told him, pulling my arms through his jacket so it was securely on.